Red Black Tree
Author Message
 Red Black Tree

Hi,
I want to learn more about RedBlack tree algorithm (one kind of B-tree).
Can you suggest me some web-link (url pls).

Thanks

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:30:28 GMT
 Red Black Tree

Quote:

www.google.com

--
Greetings
  Jochen

  Do you need a memory-leak finder ?
  http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/leakfinder.asp

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:05:05 GMT
 Red Black Tree

Quote:

> Hi,
> I want to learn more about RedBlack tree algorithm (one kind of
> B-tree). Can you suggest me some web-link (url pls).

"Introduction to Algorithms", Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest.  McGraw-Hill  ISBN
0-262-03141-8

-cd

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:55:06 GMT
 Red Black Tree

Quote:

> I want to learn more about RedBlack tree algorithm (one kind of B-
> tree).

If you're searching for this, it might help to know that a red-black tree is
not the same thing as a B-tree.  A red black tree falls into the category of
a balanced binary search tree.  A B-tree is not binary, and not necessarily
(usually not) balanced. B-trees are designed to be huge (think databases and
gigabytes of information). Red-black trees work better for smaller working
sets (usually good for dictionary data structures).

The book Carl suggested is probably the best to cover both. Given the
complexity of red black trees, I often find it easier to teach them from a
functional point of view first. For that, I suggest Chris Okasaki's "Pure
Functional Data Structures" (ISBN: 0521663504).

--
Brandon Bray                                          Visual C++ Compiler

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:44:06 GMT

1. Red black trees functionality

2. looking for red-black tree code

3. detach a node from red-black tree

4. AVT / Red Black Tree

5. Red-Black trees - Advice on code organization

6. Red-Black Tree question

7. red/black trees ?

8. Red _ Black _ tree implemented!

9. red-black tree

10. Red-Black tree

11. red black trees with no parent field in nodes

12. red black trees implementation without parent fields in nodes