Change .exe version info. after build
Author Message
 Change .exe version info. after build

Hi there,
I have a problem need you guys' help. I create a .exe file
by VC. I need to change version info. at run-time. The
version info. include: product name, comment, product
version and original file name.
To implement, by using a VC programmable WIN API are
ideal. But if I can use an existing tool to complete this
task, it is also acceptable.

Thanks,
_Yong

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:12:39 GMT
 Change .exe version info. after build

Quote:
>I need to change version info. at run-time. The
>version info. include: product name, comment, product
>version and original file name.
>To implement, by using a VC programmable WIN API are
>ideal. But if I can use an existing tool to complete this
>task, it is also acceptable.

You can use Visual Studio to open the EXE and modify the resources.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:30:39 GMT
 Change .exe version info. after build

Quote:
>To implement, by using a VC programmable WIN API are
>ideal.

To do it programmatically, have a look at using BeginUpdateResource,
UpdateResource, & EndUpdateResource.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:39:05 GMT
 Change .exe version info. after build

Quote:

>> To implement, by using a VC programmable WIN API are
>> ideal.

> To do it programmatically, have a look at using BeginUpdateResource,
> UpdateResource, & EndUpdateResource.

...and be advised that those functions don't work in Win95/98/Me - only on
NT-based OS's.  They're also a bit of a pain to use, but it can be done.

-cd

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:46:27 GMT
 Change .exe version info. after build

Quote:
>> To do it programmatically, have a look at using BeginUpdateResource,
>> UpdateResource, & EndUpdateResource.

>...and be advised that those functions don't work in Win95/98/Me - only on
>NT-based OS's.

Yes, that's right, but I believe they are implemented in MSLU on those
platforms - if using a Unicode MSLU build is an option of course.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:57:36 GMT

1. Changing Version Info for DLL's and EXE's

2. retreiving version/build info from resource

3. Setting Version info of binary DLL/EXE??

4. Programmatically modify the version info resource of exe?

5. Setting Version info of binary DLL/EXE??

6. How do I put a version-info resource in a 16-bit .dll (or .exe)

7. Changed Version Info Now Assembly Won't Load

8. Be forced to build exe although there is no change

9. EXE/DLL version change w/o recompile.

10. change exe or dll version (last)

11. change exe or dll version again

12. change exe or dll version