ILDASM method signature notation
Author Message
 ILDASM method signature notation

Does anyone know the difference between the array signature notations
in ILDASM?
For example some array parameters / return types show up like this:

MyMethod : int[,](int[,])

While others show up like this:

MyMethod : int[0...,0...](int[0...,0...])

I checked the code to see if maybe one was a "jagged" array, but I
don't think so. The ILDASM help file doesn't HELP!

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:36:16 GMT
 ILDASM method signature notation
The C# compiler forces the arrays bounds to be zero (only zero based arrays
are CLS compliant). The C++ compiler does not.

We might change our compiler's behavior in a future version.

Have you found any place where this breaks a practical scenario?

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler and libraries team

Quote:
> Does anyone know the difference between the array signature notations
> in ILDASM?
> For example some array parameters / return types show up like this:

> MyMethod : int[,](int[,])

> While others show up like this:

> MyMethod : int[0...,0...](int[0...,0...])

> I checked the code to see if maybe one was a "jagged" array, but I
> don't think so. The ILDASM help file doesn't HELP!

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:31:51 GMT

1. ILDASM method signature notation

2. Extract all method signatures from a .cpp file

3. CLR Compliant Method Signatures

4. How to get method signature

5. editing method signatures with VS.Net

6. Method Signatures For Controls

7. Managed C++ and ILDASM

8. ILASM/ILDASM with /owner option?

9. ILDASM