are MFC and Managed C++ compatible ?
Author Message
 are MFC and Managed C++ compatible ?

Oh,

Sorry then. It's not exactly a hello-world, but it does show a working app
which uses managed code from an MFC project.

Nish :-)

Quote:

> Sorry, I missed it.  I had already been over the Code Project Managed
> C++ web page several times.  I did not look at your app in particular
> because I interpreted the managed code to be in the server and the
> unmanaged code in the client.  I did not realize that the client was a
mix.

> What is really needed here is a very simple "Hello World" MFC app
> incorporating both managed and unmanaged C++ code.  And with 2
> particular steps laid out, 1. "#undef new" in the code before the "#pragma
> managed" and 2. Turn on the managed extensions option in the VS.NET
> generated project for an MFC app.

> Thanks,
> Lynn McGuire

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:50:54 GMT
 are MFC and Managed C++ compatible ?
Hi Lynn,

I agree that this would be useful and we have entered a suggestion for such
a sample for consideration in a future release. Thanks.

Ronald

Quote:
> Hi Nish,

> > http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/ntrack.asp  - A work time tracking
> > system that includes a Managed C++ remoting server and MFC clients that
use
> > the managed extensions. The application demonstrates how to mix managed
and
> > unmanaged code.

> Sorry, I missed it.  I had already been over the Code Project Managed
> C++ web page several times.  I did not look at your app in particular
> because I interpreted the managed code to be in the server and the
> unmanaged code in the client.  I did not realize that the client was a
mix.

> What is really needed here is a very simple "Hello World" MFC app
> incorporating both managed and unmanaged C++ code.  And with 2
> particular steps laid out, 1. "#undef new" in the code before the "#pragma
> managed" and 2. Turn on the managed extensions option in the VS.NET
> generated project for an MFC app.

> Thanks,
> Lynn McGuire

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:12:22 GMT

1. Please I am looking for sample code (C++ BUT NO MFC PLEASE)

2. MFC CStringList and Managed C++

3. migrating MFC application to Managed C++

4. MFC App + Managed C++ : Release compiles, Debug DOESN'T (operator new issue)

5. using Managed dlls from Managed C++

6. Compatible bitmap in compatible DC

7. Help a Newbie at Visual C++ (I am not a newbie at C++)

8. managed C++ wrapper around unmanaged C++ classes: causing StackOverflow exception

9. Performance of unmanaged C++ in a managed C++ app

10. Redirected - Managed C++, differences from standard C++

11. Fatal Error C1010 in Mixing Managed C++ and Unmanaged C++ Code

12. Inherit unmanaged c++ classes from .Net platform (managed c++ or c#)