Compiling VC++ 6.0 to the .NET CLR
Author Message
 Compiling VC++ 6.0 to the .NET CLR

I have a prefectly working version of C++ 6.0 project, and
try to compile using .NET framework.  I want to add some
managed code into this existing project (unmanaged c++).
When I tried to compile the code I got warning messages
that I don't know how to get a rid of them

1.
Unifier warning LNK4227: metadata operation warning
(00131189) : Inconsistent parameter information in
duplicated methods (methods: new; type: <Module>):
(0x08000001).

2.
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net\vc7
\include\xstring(1214): warning C4701: local
variable '_Ptr' may be used without having been initialized

I can turn the second one off by changing the warning
settings to level3.  Is there some project settings that I
need to change?  Where I can find information on how to
make your unmangaed code to support managed code?

Thanks.

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:43:38 GMT
 Compiling VC++ 6.0 to the .NET CLR
John,

It is very difficult to answer this question without seeing some sort of
sample code.  Could you post some of your code that is having these
problems?  Preferably a simplified sample.

Thank you!

--
Tom Canham and Arif Sukoco
Visual C++ Team

> I have a prefectly working version of C++ 6.0 project, and
> try to compile using .NET framework.  I want to add some
> managed code into this existing project (unmanaged c++).
> When I tried to compile the code I got warning messages
> that I don't know how to get a rid of them

> 1.
> Unifier warning LNK4227: metadata operation warning
> (00131189) : Inconsistent parameter information in
> duplicated methods (methods: new; type: <Module>):
> (0x08000001).

> 2.
> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net\vc7
> \include\xstring(1214): warning C4701: local
> variable '_Ptr' may be used without having been initialized

> I can turn the second one off by changing the warning
> settings to level3.  Is there some project settings that I
> need to change?  Where I can find information on how to
> make your unmangaed code to support managed code?

> Thanks.

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:33:55 GMT

1. Code which used to compile in VC++ 6.0 gives C2593 error in VC++ .Net

2. Error Compiling VC 6.0 program in VS.net B2

3. backward compatibility vc++ .net vc++ 6.0

4. upgrade of dll from vc++ 6.0 to vc++.net

5. Did VC 6.0 compile differently from VC 4.0?

6. Did VC 6.0 compile differently from VC 4.0?

7. Problem converting VC++ 6.0 project to VC++.net

8. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

9. VC++ 6.0 and VC++ .NET

10. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

11. VC++ 6.0 and VC++ .NET (7) changes?

12. between VC++ 6.0 and VC++.net