hardware port i/o
Author Message
 hardware port i/o

Hello,

How can I read and write my pc's hardware ports in
Microsoft Visual C++ V6.0. In the old pre-windows days I
used "outp" and "inp".
Any assembler routines or special i/o controls?

Best regars, Ydo Goinga

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:59:49 GMT
 hardware port i/o

Quote:
> How can I read and write my pc's hardware ports in
> Microsoft Visual C++ V6.0. In the old pre-windows days I
> used "outp" and "inp".
> Any assembler routines or special i/o controls?

Uh, the times are a lot more interesting.

Parallel Port - see http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

IDE Disk - see http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html for
                  for reading the hard disk info

Disk Editor - this is playing with fire - see http://www.codeguru.com/system/EditDisk.html

Serial - look for SerialComm ??? in MSDN

Lynn

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:07:26 GMT
 hardware port i/o

Quote:
> Hello,

> How can I read and write my pc's hardware ports in
> Microsoft Visual C++ V6.0. In the old pre-windows days I
> used "outp" and "inp".
> Any assembler routines or special i/o controls?

As Lynn implied, Windows has no facilities for
port i/o. Windows comes with different drivers
for different devices, and you can download,
purchase, or create drivers for non-standard
devices.

For more information, post again giving
specific details of the type of device you
wish to control.

For information on standard devices, you
might want to read the DeviceIoControl
API documentation in MSDN.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:27:44 GMT

1. In/output byte to hardware port in Win32?

2. Accessing Hardware Port

3. Group? Hardware Ports

4. Hardware Ports

5. using hardware port-address

6. bit fields and reading from a hardware port

7. Accessing hardware ports in C

8. hardware ports I/O

9. howto program hardware (IO ports / kybds)

10. Hardware Interrupts for the RS232 port

11. RS232 COM1 serial port Software/Hardware Problem

12. port hardware access