Problems with dimm.h in .NET
Author Message
 Problems with dimm.h in .NET

I have just migrated my project to Visual Studio.NET and MFC7.0. The process
was not too painful, but one strange problem remains: I'm using some COM
interfaces for Internet Explorer such as IHTMLDocument2. These are defined
in MSHTML.H. When I compile with VC++.NET, I get some strange errors from
the compiler in DIMM.H (which is included from MSHTML.H):

error 2059: syntax error : 'constant'
error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

Now the code it complains about looks like this

union
    {
    LOGFONTA A;
    LOGFONTW W;
    } lfFont;

Looks perfectly allright to me. What do you think ?

The header of DIMM.H tells me this file has been generated by the MIDL
compiler, but I don't think I'm supposed to recompile anything in there,
because this file resides in the SDK include directory.

Any clues ?

Bendik

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:44:36 GMT
 Problems with dimm.h in .NET
Btw, #include<mshtml.h> compiles fine on my computer.

The only thing i can think of is may be ur intermixing header files that
come with VS and the Platform SDK.

-suresh

Quote:
> I have just migrated my project to Visual Studio.NET and MFC7.0. The
process
> was not too painful, but one strange problem remains: I'm using some COM
> interfaces for Internet Explorer such as IHTMLDocument2. These are defined
> in MSHTML.H. When I compile with VC++.NET, I get some strange errors from
> the compiler in DIMM.H (which is included from MSHTML.H):

> error 2059: syntax error : 'constant'
> error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

> Now the code it complains about looks like this

> union
>     {
>     LOGFONTA A;
>     LOGFONTW W;
>     } lfFont;

> Looks perfectly allright to me. What do you think ?

> The header of DIMM.H tells me this file has been generated by the MIDL
> compiler, but I don't think I'm supposed to recompile anything in there,
> because this file resides in the SDK include directory.

> Any clues ?

> Bendik

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:48:06 GMT

1. Problems with dimm.h in .NET

2. Problems with .net classes and encapsulation in visual c++.net

3. .NET Beta2 -> .NET Final Release problem

4. Know anyone a good .NET/C#/Vb.net/ASP.NET/ADO.NET message board/mailing list/newsletter???????

5. Problems with inherited forms in Visual Studio .NET

6. Problem loading a C++ .NET assembly that depends on a legacy dll

7. How to write a client in .Net?(COM+ remote-calling problem)

8. C++ Class Library (.NET) LNK2001 problem

9. Problem seeing MFC source code with new .NET 2003

10. Problem converting VC++ 6.0 project to VC++.net

11. .NET versions problems

12. c# asp.net problem for checkbox validation.