Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?
Author Message
 Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?

To all,

I was wondering if anyone ever heard of a student edition
for Microsoft Visual Studio.Net. Specifically I am looking
for a student edition of Visual C++.Net. The reason is
that I have students that can not afford to buy a full
version of the product, not even the academic version of
visual studio.net or the standard edition of visual
c++.net. Is there such an animal as an Microsoft Visual
Studio.Net student edition that is free. There was a
version for Visual Studio 6.0 that was free to students.
However this version had a nagging dialog box that kept
showing up after the program was compiled. is there a
student edition of .Net that is similar and how can I get
a hold of it?

Thanks

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:11:11 GMT
 Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?
It's not free, but you can get the basic suite (VB.NET, C++.NET, C#.NET and
J++ optional) for about $100 at http://www.journeyed.com

--
Chad Lupkes

http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

Quote:
> To all,

> I was wondering if anyone ever heard of a student edition
> for Microsoft Visual Studio.Net. Specifically I am looking
> for a student edition of Visual C++.Net. The reason is
> that I have students that can not afford to buy a full
> version of the product, not even the academic version of
> visual studio.net or the standard edition of visual
> c++.net. Is there such an animal as an Microsoft Visual
> Studio.Net student edition that is free. There was a
> version for Visual Studio 6.0 that was free to students.
> However this version had a nagging dialog box that kept
> showing up after the program was compiled. is there a
> student edition of .Net that is similar and how can I get
> a hold of it?

> Thanks

---

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:14:55 GMT
 Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?
Chad,

Thank you for your reply. However in my message I made
mention of this and I do know of it and have used it
myself to aid my students when I was a teachers assistant.
However I was wondering if there was a free version out
there for students can use? This is my question and I pose
it again for those that are interested in these matters.
Is there a free version of Visual C++.Net for students to
use (i.e. a students edition of Visual C++.Net like Visual
C++ 6.0 previously)? Thanks so much.

Quote:

1/10/2003

>.

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:46:21 GMT
 Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?
Visual Studio .NET is available in four editions: Professional, Enterprise
Developer, Enterprise Architect, and Academic.

There is no students edition of Visual Studio .Net or any of it components.

I find it hard to believe that  there was a free students edition of Visual
Studio 6.0 either. More likely it was an Academic version and the cost was
built in to the course fees.

Quote:
> Chad,

> Thank you for your reply. However in my message I made
> mention of this and I do know of it and have used it
> myself to aid my students when I was a teachers assistant.
> However I was wondering if there was a free version out
> there for students can use? This is my question and I pose
> it again for those that are interested in these matters.
> Is there a free version of Visual C++.Net for students to
> use (i.e. a students edition of Visual C++.Net like Visual
> C++ 6.0 previously)? Thanks so much.

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:08:13 GMT
 Visual Studio.Net Student Edition?
Stephany,

Thanks for your reply. This is rapidly what I am
experiencing. However there was an Students edition of
Visual C++ 6.0 NOT Visual Studio 6.0 which is what I said
before. I just spent an entire 2 semesters with this
product and KNOW that there was one. Thanks for your reply
on this matter I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Richard Callaby

Quote:

http://www.journeyed.com

(http://www.grisoft.com).

>> 1/10/2003

>> >.

>.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:50:38 GMT

1. Announcing AQtime .NET Edition, the First Comprehensive Profiler Suite for Visual Studio .NET

2. visual studio .net 2003 trial edition

3. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. Visual C# .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio.NET

7. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

8. Visual Studio.NET vs. Visual C#.NET

9. Visual Studio 97 Professional edition vs. Visual Studio 97 Enterprise edition

10. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

11. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

12. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)