warning C4652: 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with precompiled header
Author Message
 warning C4652: 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with precompiled header

Hi there,

after a bit of a break I'm back trying to port our VC6 code to VC7.

While working on our main bit of code I keep getting the following
warning

warning C4652: compiler option 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with
precompiled header; current command-line option will override that
defined in the precompiled header

Any idea what is causing this and how I can get rid of it.

In VC6 the warning level was set to 4 and it still appears to be in the
ported project as well.  I haven't set any command line stuff and just
don't understand the warning.

Cheers in advance,

Argos

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:45:13 GMT
 warning C4652: 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with precompiled header
Looks like your stdafx.cpp file has a warning level set to a different
level.
Make sure you  have the same warning level for all the source files.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:45:13 +0000

>Hi there,

>after a bit of a break I'm back trying to port our VC6 code to VC7.

>While working on our main bit of code I keep getting the following
>warning

>warning C4652: compiler option 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with
>precompiled header; current command-line option will override that
>defined in the precompiled header

>Any idea what is causing this and how I can get rid of it.

>In VC6 the warning level was set to 4 and it still appears to be in the
>ported project as well.  I haven't set any command line stuff and just
>don't understand the warning.

>Cheers in advance,

>Argos

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:55:58 GMT
 warning C4652: 'Warning level (/W)' inconsistent with precompiled header
Thanks Bobby,  that was exactly what was wrong!

Just right clicked on the file in the solution tab and the warning was set to
3, I have no idea why but once I changed it to 4 everything worked fine.

Thanks,

Argos

Quote:

> Looks like your stdafx.cpp file has a warning level set to a different
> level.
> Make sure you  have the same warning level for all the source files.

> Hope this helps.

> Thank you,
> Bobby Mattappally
> Microsoft VC++/C# Team

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:21:51 GMT

1. Warnings from Microsoft's STL header files in VC++ 6.0 SP2

2. Dealing with warnings & warning levels in VC

3. VC Warning level 4 and Warning C4244

4. Level 4 warnings, VC4.x and windows.h generating tons of warnings

5. Warning level 4 and warnings from the include files

6. C4201 and C4214 warnings at Compiler Warning Level 4

7. Can you disable specific warnings or change warning level per file in Visual Studio.NET

8. warning C4018: '<=' : signed/unsigned mismatch

9. array issue 'type cast warning'

10. Warning C4995: '_OLD_IOSTREAMS_ARE_DEPRECATED'

11. Help, 'Yield' and Compiler warning C4002

12. warning C4100: 'x' : unreferenced formal parameter