VC++ limitations
Author Message
 VC++ limitations

Hi,

Are there any limitations for files and workspace sizes (ie.. so many Mbs)
for Visual C++ projects. Including VS6 and VS.NET.

Thanx

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:15:40 GMT
 VC++ limitations

Quote:
> Hi,

> Are there any limitations for files and workspace sizes (ie.. so many Mbs)
> for Visual C++ projects. Including VS6 and VS.NET.

The only one I'm aware of, and only second-hand, is a limiation of 65,535
lines in a single source file.  I haven't verified that personally,
however - I read it somewhere.

Projects with 1000's of files that produce 20+Mb DLLs are not unheard of.

-cd

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:38:02 GMT

1. DAO memo field exception (limitation) in VC 6.0

2. Some limitations in InstallShield for VC++

3. File limitation in the project file in VC++ 4.2

4. VC++ 6.0 InstallShield limitations

5. is there any limitations with number of components accessing a component thro remoting

6. Limitation on # of events per class?

7. limitation with MC++, Remoting, CAO, and soapsuds.exe

8. #define limitations..?

9. File descriptor limitation in Solaris

10. More Fixed Length Limitations

11. ArrayList Length Limitations

12. Fixed Length Limitations