Multiple cppfiles - but build only 1?
Author Message
 Multiple cppfiles - but build only 1?

I'm a Cpp Newbie - working with lots of little example .cpp files.
Could somebody tell me how I set up vs.net to build only the .cpp file
I am working on at any one time. At the mo I create a new solution every
time - which can't be right,

Many Thanks
C.N.

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 02:49:02 GMT
 Multiple cppfiles - but build only 1?
If you are building a bunch of sample .cpp console applications...
Make yourself a blank solution (maybe called SampleCode) somewhere on
your drive.  Place each .cpp in its own project inside of that
solution.

HIH,
JR

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:04:19 GMT
 Multiple cppfiles - but build only 1?

Quote:
> I'm a Cpp Newbie - working with lots of little example .cpp files.
> Could somebody tell me how I set up vs.net to build only the .cpp file
> I am working on at any one time. At the mo I create a new solution every
> time - which can't be right,

In the Solution Explorer right click on the file. Select Properties. Under
the "General" category there is a property called "Excluded from build" Set
it to "Yes".

Do this for each file you don't want compiled...

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:58:25 GMT

1. Makefile: Multiple target architecture build

2. Multiple build targets in one project

3. Building and running multiple exe's in the same project

4. Multiple Builds Required

5. Struggling with IDE, multiple projects, building.

6. Building multiple targets

7. Build multiple EXE-files

8. How to build multiple language

9. Unable to build ReleaseMinSize - Debug version builds fine.

10. Debug build breaks, Release build ok

11. ANNOUNCE: Automate your software builds with Visual Build and VSMake

12. ANN: Automate your software builds with Visual Build and VSMake