__fltused and floating point libraries
Author Message
 __fltused and floating point libraries

Hi there
I only use kernel32.lib and user32.lib in some application so I expected the
linker error "__fltused: unresolved symbol" when using floating point
operations. The problem is that I don't want to use the C standard library
(libcd.lib). Is there any other floating point library or are there any
other possibilities  to use built in floating point operations without
linking the C standard library?

Thanks for any help

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:23:00 GMT
 __fltused and floating point libraries

Quote:

> Subject: __fltused and floating point libraries
> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:23:00 +0200

> Hi there
> I only use kernel32.lib and user32.lib in some application so I expected
the
> linker error "__fltused: unresolved symbol" when using floating point
> operations. The problem is that I don't want to use the C standard library
> (libcd.lib). Is there any other floating point library or are there any
> other possibilities  to use built in floating point operations without
> linking the C standard library?

The __fltused symbol is emitted by the compiler whenever floating point is
used. The symbol is used as a signal to pull in floating point specific
code in the C runtime library.

If you don't need any floating point code from the standard library, you
can simply define __fltused in your program to resolve the symbol:

#if defined(__cpluscplus)
extern "C"
#endif
int _fltused = 0; // Note: only one underscore is needed on this
declaration.

--
Mark Levine, Microsoft Visual C++ Team

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:31:00 GMT

1. floating point rounding or floating point printing ?

2. BCD Floating Point Math Library

3. floating point library

4. BCD Floating Point Math Library

5. WANTED: FIXED POINT C LIBRARY FOR FLOAT OPERATIONS

6. cg89/cg92 floating point libraries

7. Floating point libraries

8. taranto 1.0: portable, accurate floating-point to decimal library

9. Implicit decimal points in floating-point reads

10. Converting floating point to scaled fixed point

11. Converting Microsoft Floating Point type to the IEEE floating

12. float to string to float - decimal points