Begin and commit trans
Author Message
 Begin and commit trans

Hi all,
I am using VB 6.0 against Oracle 8i database. My application does lot of
selects and updates which takes more time than required. Would
Begintrans and committrans help me speed up the whole processing time?

My second question is that I am using command objects in my application
which uses up to 40 parameters. Do I always need to select a record to
update it using command objects? Or can I simply execute the update
command?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sadhna

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Begin and commit trans

When you use begin trans and commit trans only the atomicity and consistence
of your transaction will be maintained.I don't think it will spped up the
process.
I think you can put ur Data Access logic in COM comoponents and deploy them
in MTS.Since MTS uses Object pooling it may spped up the process.

Yeah, you can directly run update statements using command object.

--
Regards & Thanks From
PrakashDharan
#04-01/07 Singapore 139949

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I am using VB 6.0 against Oracle 8i database. My application does lot of
> selects and updates which takes more time than required. Would
> Begintrans and committrans help me speed up the whole processing time?

> My second question is that I am using command objects in my application
> which uses up to 40 parameters. Do I always need to select a record to
> update it using command objects? Or can I simply execute the update
> command?

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Sadhna

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:55:46 GMT

1. begin trans - commit trans

2. BEGIN,COMMIT Trans

3. Begin Trans..Commit with Client Access ?

4. ADO err with trans begin/commit ?

5. Using BeginTrans, Commit Trans

6. Use of Begin/End trans scope

7. Help with transactions using Begin Trans, Edit, and CommTrans

8. Help with transactions using Begin Trans, Edit, and CommTrans

9. Begin trans / open a record set on a stored proc on sql server

10. Begin-Rollback-Commit Transaction

11. Workspace Transaction Begin/Commit/Rollback bug?

12. Limits on Transactions between Begin & Commit