OLEDB Persistance Error
Author Message
 OLEDB Persistance Error

Hello,

I am facing a problem that I am trying to resolve since ages. Any help from
you is really appreciated. Thanks head on.

I am trying to call a function of a component that I have created under Com+
environment. (Objectcontext.CreateInstance). The function expects a
paramenter of type ADODB.Recordset and returns a ADODB.Recordset.

When I run this method with the component running locally, outside the MTS
environment, it just works fine, but the moment i put it under MTS COM+
environment it give me the following error on that function call.

Error: Requested conversion is not supported.
Error number: -2147217891
Microsoft OLEDB Persistence Provider

More info on the parameter recordset that I am passing: I have to pass it as
a recordset. Also the recordset is having a field that is declared of type
variant and assinged a recordset. I think that is creating a problem, but
not quite sure. In short it is a hierarchical recordset.

If anyone can suggest me a way out of this, then it will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Amrish

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:56:32 GMT

1. jet3.51 OLEDB vs jet4.0 OLEDB

2. OLEDB Error

3. error in Oledb

4. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Syntax errors

5. No error description with SQL OLEDB connection

6. OLEDB connection to SQL Server 2000 fails - 20599 error

7. OLEDB Connection error

8. Runtime error "430" / OLEDB

9. Runtime error "430" / OLEDB

10. oledb initialization errors

11. Multiple step oledb operation errors

12. Multiple-step OLEDB errors