help for italian man (save ADO )
Author Message
 help for italian man (save ADO )

In italy no body gave me any solution.
Where's the wrong?
for me is all right but the error message is:

the operation is not supported from the provider

Private Sub Get_from_disk()
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
provider
rst.Update

Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

Public Sub Write_on_disk()

Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
& pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "' And
Tipo='VIS'", CNN
rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

rstDisco.Close
Set rstDisco = Nothing
CNN.Close
Set CNN = Nothing

End Sub

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
On second look is see you must also do the same with the Connection object.

jbc

Quote:
> In italy no body gave me any solution.
> Where's the wrong?
> for me is all right but the error message is:

> the operation is not supported from the provider

> Private Sub Get_from_disk()
> Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
> rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
> rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
> provider
> rst.Update

> Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

> Public Sub Write_on_disk()

> Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
> ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

> stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
> Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
> & pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

> Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

> CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

> rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "' And
> Tipo='VIS'", CNN
> rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

> rstDisco.Close
> Set rstDisco = Nothing
> CNN.Close
> Set CNN = Nothing

> End Sub

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
"Dim rst as ADODB.Recordset
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset"
should do the trick. "Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset" is not an acceptable
statement.

hope this helps

jbc

Quote:
> In italy no body gave me any solution.
> Where's the wrong?
> for me is all right but the error message is:

> the operation is not supported from the provider

> Private Sub Get_from_disk()
> Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
> rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
> rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
> provider
> rst.Update

> Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

> Public Sub Write_on_disk()

> Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
> ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

> stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
> Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
> & pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

> Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

> CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

> rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "' And
> Tipo='VIS'", CNN
> rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

> rstDisco.Close
> Set rstDisco = Nothing
> CNN.Close
> Set CNN = Nothing

> End Sub

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
I'm sure of this method.
Infact i see the value but i can't modify it.
thank you for your answers.
    /|\

    \|/

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
Try opening the adtg-file using:

rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg", "Provider=MSPersist", adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

--
=====================================
If you want to reply to my private email address,

Quote:
> In italy no body gave me any solution.
> Where's the wrong?
> for me is all right but the error message is:

> the operation is not supported from the provider

> Private Sub Get_from_disk()
> Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
> rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
> rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
> provider
> rst.Update

> Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

> Public Sub Write_on_disk()

> Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
> ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

> stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
> Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
> & pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

> Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

> CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

> rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "' And
> Tipo='VIS'", CNN
> rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

> rstDisco.Close
> Set rstDisco = Nothing
> CNN.Close
> Set CNN = Nothing

> End Sub

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
Yes. That works fine.

Quote:
> Try opening the adtg-file using:

> rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg", "Provider=MSPersist", adOpenKeyset,
adLockOptimistic

> --
> =====================================
> If you want to reply to my private email address,
> remove the 'fake' - part from the reply-address.
> =====================================

> > In italy no body gave me any solution.
> > Where's the wrong?
> > for me is all right but the error message is:

> > the operation is not supported from the provider

> > Private Sub Get_from_disk()
> > Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
> > rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
> > rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
> > provider
> > rst.Update

> > Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

> > Public Sub Write_on_disk()

> > Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
> > ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

> > stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
> > Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
> > & pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

> > Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

> > CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> > CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

> > rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "'
And
> > Tipo='VIS'", CNN
> > rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

> > rstDisco.Close
> > Set rstDisco = Nothing
> > CNN.Close
> > Set CNN = Nothing

> > End Sub

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 help for italian man (save ADO )
"Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset"

IS an acceptable statement:

    Dim rs as new ADODB.Recordset
    rs.oen "SELECT *....", cn,......

works perfectly well

Quote:
> "Dim rst as ADODB.Recordset
> Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset"
> should do the trick. "Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset" is not an acceptable
> statement.

> hope this helps

> jbc

> > In italy no body gave me any solution.
> > Where's the wrong?
> > for me is all right but the error message is:

> > the operation is not supported from the provider

> > Private Sub Get_from_disk()
> > Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
> > rst.Open "c:\vis.adtg"
> > rst!Users= "jonny" <----- ERROR the operation is not supported from the
> > provider
> > rst.Update

> > Before i wrote in the disk with this sub

> > Public Sub Write_on_disk()

> > Dim CNN As New Connection, rstDisco As New
> > ADODB.Recordset,stringaConnessioneADOdata as String

> > stringaConnessioneADOdata = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist
> > Security Info=False;Data Source=" _
> > & pathnomedb & ";Mode=Read|Write"

> > Kill "c:\vis.adtg"

> > CNN.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> > CNN.Open stringaConnessioneADOdata

> > rstDisco.Open "Select * from Settaggi Where Users='" & NameUsers & "'
And
> > Tipo='VIS'", CNN
> > rstDisco.Save "c:\vis.adtg", adPersistADTG

> > rstDisco.Close
> > Set rstDisco = Nothing
> > CNN.Close
> > Set CNN = Nothing

> > End Sub

Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Man oh Man - Need VB Help for Using Access Databases

2. DUNK DUNK man DUNK women DUNK High man DUNK High women

3. HELP EXCEL EXPORT FROM Cristal italian-spanish too

4. Need help starting PAC MAN game

5. help writing user man

6. Programming for an Italian Company

7. Italian VBA function equivalents?

8. Exchange Server 5.5 - Italian language support for OL2000 client

9. Italian/English data conversion problem in vbscript

10. ~~ FREEWARE ITALIAN SOFTWARE BY MARKO.ORG ~~

11. Crystal Reports and Italian version Windows

12. setup1.vbp (vb6 Pro Italian) GPF??