returning nulls from stored procedures
Author Message
 returning nulls from stored procedures

I'm having problems using the ADO command object running stored procedures
from VB 6.0 code to SQL Server 2000

From a Query analyzer window the stored procedure runs and returns correct
values, but when I execute it using the Command Object from VB code, the
returning 'OUTPUT' parameter (adParamOutput) only returns NULL when it
should be returning (-1,0,>0).

I also check the returning parameter from the stored procedure code to catch
any NULLs. The stored procedure executes but still returns a NULL.

Thanks for any suggestions

Pete

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:50:01 GMT
 returning nulls from stored procedures
Have you specified it as an OUTPUT param when you call it from ADO?

In TSQL:

-- I.e. the text OUTPUT is needed for SQLS to return the value.

/ Tobias

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:17:52 GMT

1. Stored procedure returns NULL in errors collection

2. stored procedures: return codes and return status with rdo

3. Adding NULL to database using Stored Procedure

4. Null value to Stored procedure

5. report run with null parameter values via store procedure

6. How do you pass a null date to a stored procedure based report

7. NULLs and SQL Server Stored Procedures with ADO

8. pass nulls to stored procedure parameter?

9. How to pass null parameters to a stored procedure VB6/Oracle 8

10. stored procedures and NULL values

11. Stored procedures and null values

12. NULLs and SQL Server Stored Procedures with ADO