Urgent help! This is not making any sense to me
Author Message
 Urgent help! This is not making any sense to me

Hi everyone,
   Since I migrate the sybase ODBC driver 3.11 from 3.01, I tried to
run my
vb 6.0 code with Crystal Report. When I update recordset with ADO 2.5,
I got
'Data provider or other service returned E_FAIL status' error message,
but when
I changed back to odbc 3.01, everything is fine. I tried to search the
sybase web by keyword, I got huge of the message but none of them
regarding this. My table looks good no imcomplete record... So anybody
met this situation before please give me a answer or suggestions?
Thanks advanced!
BTW, I am using vb6.0 with crystal report 8.0, and sybase 12

Robert

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:36:57 GMT
 Urgent help! This is not making any sense to me
Try to set some options of the ODBC DSN:

1. Open the registry editor. 2. Open the ODBC.INI section is the registry.
3. In the section for the data source you created, add a registry string
'WorkArounds2' with the value '24'
WorkArounds2=24.  If you are using a Connect ODBC flat file driver, such as
dBase, under MSDASQL, you must use this workaround for the driver to
operate properly.
Hope it helps

Sincerely,

Alick Ye, MCSD
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>

This posting is provide "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database.ado

Hi everyone,
   Since I migrate the sybase ODBC driver 3.11 from 3.01, I tried to
run my
vb 6.0 code with crystal report. When I update recordset with ADO 2.5,
I got
'Data provider or other service returned E_FAIL status' error message,
but when
I changed back to odbc 3.01, everything is fine. I tried to search the
sybase web by keyword, I got huge of the message but none of them
regarding this. My table looks good no imcomplete record... So anybody
met this situation before please give me a answer or suggestions?
Thanks advanced!
BTW, I am using vb6.0 with crystal report 8.0, and sybase 12

Robert

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:15:50 GMT

1. VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?

2. making sense of access form design

3. Makes no sense! (I think)

4. Making sense out of binary data

5. Does it makes any sense? (Working with MSComm)

6. Making sense of AVI_COMPRESS_OPTIONS

7. Need help with this game I am making :(

8. Help with game I am making

9. I am stuck...in need urgent help!!!!!

10. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

11. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. It just does not make any sense