How to trace existing ADO transaction?
Author Message
 How to trace existing ADO transaction?

Hi All,

I am encountering an error with ADO Begin transaction,
When the system tries to open a second transaction, when
the already existing transaction is still not
committed/rollback.

First place, I don't need the application to start a new
transaction without commit/rollback the existing
transaction.

I need the application to check whether there is any
existing (open) transaction for the connection object.
If exist then rollback/commit that transaction and create
the next transaction.

PROBLEM:
--------
How to find whether there is any existing transaction to
that connection object?

If anyone has already encountered this problem, it will be
of great help if you can share the solution. Or Know how
to solve this kind of issues, will be of great help.

Thanks
Regards
Bala

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:38:09 GMT
 How to trace existing ADO transaction?
Hi,

In case of SQL Server you could check it using next SQL statement

it will return 0 if there is no opened transaction or some value, which
specifies level of opened transaction

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I am encountering an error with ADO Begin transaction,
> When the system tries to open a second transaction, when
> the already existing transaction is still not
> committed/rollback.

> First place, I don't need the application to start a new
> transaction without commit/rollback the existing
> transaction.

> I need the application to check whether there is any
> existing (open) transaction for the connection object.
> If exist then rollback/commit that transaction and create
> the next transaction.

> PROBLEM:
> --------
> How to find whether there is any existing transaction to
> that connection object?

> If anyone has already encountered this problem, it will be
> of great help if you can share the solution. Or Know how
> to solve this kind of issues, will be of great help.

> Thanks
> Regards
> Bala

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:11:17 GMT
 How to trace existing ADO transaction?
What if using Access 2000?

Quote:
> Hi,

> In case of SQL Server you could check it using next SQL statement

> it will return 0 if there is no opened transaction or some value, which
> specifies level of opened transaction

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > Hi All,

> > I am encountering an error with ADO Begin transaction,
> > When the system tries to open a second transaction, when
> > the already existing transaction is still not
> > committed/rollback.

> > First place, I don't need the application to start a new
> > transaction without commit/rollback the existing
> > transaction.

> > I need the application to check whether there is any
> > existing (open) transaction for the connection object.
> > If exist then rollback/commit that transaction and create
> > the next transaction.

> > PROBLEM:
> > --------
> > How to find whether there is any existing transaction to
> > that connection object?

> > If anyone has already encountered this problem, it will be
> > of great help if you can share the solution. Or Know how
> > to solve this kind of issues, will be of great help.

> > Thanks
> > Regards
> > Bala

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:45:54 GMT
 How to trace existing ADO transaction?
Hi,

Not sure if Access will support that variable. You could try. If not, then
you would need to trap error to see if you have transaction opened already

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> What if using Access 2000?

> > Hi,

> > In case of SQL Server you could check it using next SQL statement

> > it will return 0 if there is no opened transaction or some value, which
> > specifies level of opened transaction

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > Hi All,

> > > I am encountering an error with ADO Begin transaction,
> > > When the system tries to open a second transaction, when
> > > the already existing transaction is still not
> > > committed/rollback.

> > > First place, I don't need the application to start a new
> > > transaction without commit/rollback the existing
> > > transaction.

> > > I need the application to check whether there is any
> > > existing (open) transaction for the connection object.
> > > If exist then rollback/commit that transaction and create
> > > the next transaction.

> > > PROBLEM:
> > > --------
> > > How to find whether there is any existing transaction to
> > > that connection object?

> > > If anyone has already encountered this problem, it will be
> > > of great help if you can share the solution. Or Know how
> > > to solve this kind of issues, will be of great help.

> > > Thanks
> > > Regards
> > > Bala

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:13:37 GMT

1. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

2. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

3. ADO Connection Transaction vs. ObjectContext Transaction

4. When to use MTS transactions and ADO Transactions

5. ADO and Transaction in SQL Server 7.0: The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.

6. Transactions using ADO.NET in mulit-tier envrionment

7. Stored Procedure and ADO.net Begin Transaction Code

8. Problem with ADO transactions

9. ADO transaction problem

10. ADO 2.0 Transaction Support for SQLServer 7.0

11. ADO Transaction not working.

12. Transactions in ADO 2.0