[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Author Message
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

Wow after reading about 50 messages I learned one thing they didn't answer
this one.

I am trying to update a field in an Access 97 OR 2000 (I have tried both of
them) table it keeps erroring with Error -2147467259.
Any ideas would be great.

Rick Toner

Here is the error:

"*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! Start *** 5/18/2001 12:33:09 PM"
"ADO Error #1:"
" ADO Error  : #-2147467259"
failed."
" Source     :  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"
" NativeError:  -2001"
" SQLState   :  S1000"
""
"*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! End***"

Here is the SQL statement:

UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID]
WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));

Here is the code calling it:

Function ADO_Query(conQry As ADODB.Connection, strQryName As String) As
Boolean
    On Error GoTo Err_CloseADO_Query

Dim Qy As New ADODB.Command
Dim prop As ADODB.Property

Call CheckPause("Running query... " & strQryName)

ADO_Query = False

gdblRows = 0

Set Qy.ActiveConnection = conQry

  With Qy
    .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
    .CommandText = strQryName
    .CommandTimeout = 30
  End With

  Qy.Execute gdblRows

  ADO_Query = True

Exit_CloseADO_Query:
    On Error Resume Next
    Set Qy = Nothing
    Exit Function

Err_CloseADO_Query:
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then LogProgramError Err.Number, Err.Description,
"ADO_Query()." & strQryName, "basDataConnections"
    Call LogADOError(conQry)
    Resume Exit_CloseADO_Query

End Function

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:03:21 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Use this SQL statement:

UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = ttblOffender.lngJwan_ID
WHERE TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID=0

Brainbench certified VB6 and SQL7 developer
Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:17:44 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Well I tried it but no luck.

Quote:
> Use this SQL statement:

> UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
> ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
> TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = ttblOffender.lngJwan_ID
> WHERE TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID=0

> Brainbench certified VB6 and SQL7 developer
> Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:07:45 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Take a look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

 - Tom

Quote:
> Well I tried it but no luck.

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:09:29 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Tom,
Well if your talking about the ADO Errors Collection i'm looping through
that.  This is the ony error.

Rick

Quote:
> Take a look at:

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

>  - Tom

> > Well I tried it but no luck.

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:14:45 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Try

UPDATE ttblOffender from ttbloffender a, tempoffender b
SET
lngJWAN_ID = b.lngJwan_ID

where
a.lngOffForeignSysID = b.lngMaster_Name_Link
and b.lngJWAN_ID=0

Brainbench certified VB6 and SQL7 developer
Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:47:36 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
The error number is better expressed in hex as 80004005. If you look this
number up in winerror.h, then you get E_FAIL. In other words a very generic
error. Sorry, it is unlikely anybody will be able to help. At least not me.
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

Quote:
> Wow after reading about 50 messages I learned one thing they didn't answer
> this one.

> I am trying to update a field in an Access 97 OR 2000 (I have tried both
of
> them) table it keeps erroring with Error -2147467259.
> Any ideas would be great.

> Rick Toner

> Here is the error:

> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! Start *** 5/18/2001 12:33:09 PM"
> "ADO Error #1:"
> " ADO Error  : #-2147467259"
> failed."
> " Source     :  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"
> " NativeError:  -2001"
> " SQLState   :  S1000"
> ""
> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! End***"

> Here is the SQL statement:

> UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
> ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
> TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID]
> WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));

> Here is the code calling it:

> Function ADO_Query(conQry As ADODB.Connection, strQryName As String) As
> Boolean
>     On Error GoTo Err_CloseADO_Query

> Dim Qy As New ADODB.Command
> Dim prop As ADODB.Property

> Call CheckPause("Running query... " & strQryName)

> ADO_Query = False

> gdblRows = 0

> Set Qy.ActiveConnection = conQry

>   With Qy
>     .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>     .CommandText = strQryName
>     .CommandTimeout = 30
>   End With

>   Qy.Execute gdblRows

>   ADO_Query = True

> Exit_CloseADO_Query:
>     On Error Resume Next
>     Set Qy = Nothing
>     Exit Function

> Err_CloseADO_Query:
>     If Err.Number <> 0 Then LogProgramError Err.Number, Err.Description,
> "ADO_Query()." & strQryName, "basDataConnections"
>     Call LogADOError(conQry)
>     Resume Exit_CloseADO_Query

> End Function

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:35:58 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

Quote:
> The error number is better expressed in hex as 80004005. If you look this
> number up in winerror.h, then you get E_FAIL. In other words a very
generic
> error. Sorry, it is unlikely anybody will be able to help. At least not
me.
> --
> Randy Charles Morin
> http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:10:53 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Hello Rick.

May be this article will help you:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q286/1/26.ASP .
--
Intermedia.NET (GS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider

Quote:
> Wow after reading about 50 messages I learned one thing they didn't answer
> this one.

> I am trying to update a field in an Access 97 OR 2000 (I have tried both
of
> them) table it keeps erroring with Error -2147467259.
> Any ideas would be great.

> Rick Toner

> Here is the error:

> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! Start *** 5/18/2001 12:33:09 PM"
> "ADO Error #1:"
> " ADO Error  : #-2147467259"
> failed."
> " Source     :  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"
> " NativeError:  -2001"
> " SQLState   :  S1000"
> ""
> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! End***"

> Here is the SQL statement:

> UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
> ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
> TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID]
> WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));

> Here is the code calling it:

> Function ADO_Query(conQry As ADODB.Connection, strQryName As String) As
> Boolean
>     On Error GoTo Err_CloseADO_Query

> Dim Qy As New ADODB.Command
> Dim prop As ADODB.Property

> Call CheckPause("Running query... " & strQryName)

> ADO_Query = False

> gdblRows = 0

> Set Qy.ActiveConnection = conQry

>   With Qy
>     .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>     .CommandText = strQryName
>     .CommandTimeout = 30
>   End With

>   Qy.Execute gdblRows

>   ADO_Query = True

> Exit_CloseADO_Query:
>     On Error Resume Next
>     Set Qy = Nothing
>     Exit Function

> Err_CloseADO_Query:
>     If Err.Number <> 0 Then LogProgramError Err.Number, Err.Description,
> "ADO_Query()." & strQryName, "basDataConnections"
>     Call LogADOError(conQry)
>     Resume Exit_CloseADO_Query

> End Function

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:35:24 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
Hello Rick.

I've found another article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q209/1/57.ASP .
--
Intermedia.NET (GS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:
> Wow after reading about 50 messages I learned one thing they didn't answer
> this one.

> I am trying to update a field in an Access 97 OR 2000 (I have tried both
of
> them) table it keeps erroring with Error -2147467259.
> Any ideas would be great.

> Rick Toner

> Here is the error:

> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! Start *** 5/18/2001 12:33:09 PM"
> "ADO Error #1:"
> " ADO Error  : #-2147467259"
> failed."
> " Source     :  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"
> " NativeError:  -2001"
> " SQLState   :  S1000"
> ""
> "*** ADO ERROR CONDITION! End***"

> Here is the SQL statement:

> UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
> ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
> TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID]
> WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));

> Here is the code calling it:

> Function ADO_Query(conQry As ADODB.Connection, strQryName As String) As
> Boolean
>     On Error GoTo Err_CloseADO_Query

> Dim Qy As New ADODB.Command
> Dim prop As ADODB.Property

> Call CheckPause("Running query... " & strQryName)

> ADO_Query = False

> gdblRows = 0

> Set Qy.ActiveConnection = conQry

>   With Qy
>     .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>     .CommandText = strQryName
>     .CommandTimeout = 30
>   End With

>   Qy.Execute gdblRows

>   ADO_Query = True

> Exit_CloseADO_Query:
>     On Error Resume Next
>     Set Qy = Nothing
>     Exit Function

> Err_CloseADO_Query:
>     If Err.Number <> 0 Then LogProgramError Err.Number, Err.Description,
> "ADO_Query()." & strQryName, "basDataConnections"
>     Call LogADOError(conQry)
>     Resume Exit_CloseADO_Query

> End Function

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:37:41 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
I tried the example but it doesent work.

:(
Rick

Quote:
> Try

> UPDATE ttblOffender from ttbloffender a, tempoffender b
> SET
> lngJWAN_ID = b.lngJwan_ID

> where
> a.lngOffForeignSysID = b.lngMaster_Name_Link
> and b.lngJWAN_ID=0

> Brainbench certified VB6 and SQL7 developer
> Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:02:26 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
I have already tried looping through the errors collection.  No luck this is
the only message i'm getting.

Rick

Quote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

> > The error number is better expressed in hex as 80004005. If you look
this
> > number up in winerror.h, then you get E_FAIL. In other words a very
> generic
> > error. Sorry, it is unlikely anybody will be able to help. At least not
> me.
> > --
> > Randy Charles Morin
> > http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:03:42 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
On Mon, 21 May 2001 09:03:42 -0400, "Rick Toner"

Quote:

>I have already tried looping through the errors collection.  No luck this is
>the only message i'm getting.

>Rick

You could give us some code.

Have you stopped the code at the point of the update and executed

rs.Supports(adUpdate)

in the immediate window, where rs is the name of your recordset?  If
it is False, then the current type fo recordset or connection does not
allow an update.

Does the recordset select from a single table, or joined tables?

Although it is not the problem, is there a reason why you are using
ODBC rather then the faster and more capable native Access Jet 4.0
driver?

Richard.

Quote:

>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

>> > The error number is better expressed in hex as 80004005. If you look
>this
>> > number up in winerror.h, then you get E_FAIL. In other words a very
>> generic
>> > error. Sorry, it is unlikely anybody will be able to help. At least not
>> me.
>> > --
>> > Randy Charles Morin
>> > http://www.kbcafe.com/randycharlesmorin

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:44:09 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

When I sent my previous reply, I couldn't see you original post. I
then found in another group that you had posted some source code.

Quote:
> UPDATE ttblOffender INNER JOIN TempOffender ON
> ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link SET
> TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID = [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID]
> WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));

You have a one to many join here, and you are updating a field in the
"many" table.

I could imagine that not working.

If you can live with a "do until rs.EOF .... loop"  type statement,
you could open a recordset "rs"  from a query like:

" SELECT DISTINCT TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link,  " & _
" [ttblOffender]![lngJwan_ID], FROM  ttblOffender INNER JOIN " & _
 " TempOffender ON ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID = " & _
 "TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link  " & _
  " WHERE (((TempOffender.lngJWAN_ID)=0));"

and for each row of the recordset, run

 cn.execute  "UPDATE Projects SET lngJWAN_ID = " & _
            cstr(rs!TempOffender.lngMaster_Name_Link) &  _
            "  WHERE lngMaster_Name_Link =  & _
             " & rs!ttblOffender.lngOffForeignSysID

I could easily have made a typing mistake in the above, so please
check. I am assuming that the ID's and Links as numeric. if they are
strings, you will have to add the appropriate single quotes to this
UPDATE statement.

Richard.

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:24:55 GMT
 [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.
The code was provided at the top level, I'm not using a recordset just an
update statement.  I'm using ODBC insted of JET 4.0 because i am using
stored procedures and it works alot beter through jet then JET, I would have
to use ADOX if i used the JET OLEDB Provider.  This app runes off jet and
SQL depending of platform.

Rick

Quote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2001 09:03:42 -0400, "Rick Toner"

> >I have already tried looping through the errors collection.  No luck this
is
> >the only message i'm getting.

> >Rick

> You could give us some code.

> Have you stopped the code at the point of the update and executed

> rs.Supports(adUpdate)

> in the immediate window, where rs is the name of your recordset?  If
> it is False, then the current type fo recordset or connection does not
> allow an update.

> Does the recordset select from a single table, or joined tables?

> Although it is not the problem, is there a reason why you are using
> ODBC rather then the faster and more capable native Access Jet 4.0
> driver?

> Richard.

> >> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/2/88.asp

> >this
> >> generic
> >> me.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:58:10 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

2. ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver login failed

3. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

4. A97-SLQ6.5 ODBC calls failing or terribly slow - newer drivers are worse

5. PRB: ODBC -- Call failed (VB5 -- ODBC -- Access97)

6. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

7. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

8. [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

9. ODBC Access Driver Login Fail

10. * Microsoft Text Driver as an ODBC driver

11. Microsoft Access ODBC Drivers

12. Microsoft Access ODBC driver 3.5 problem