Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)
Author Message
 Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)

I am using an ADO data control and when i execute the command
adodc1.recordset.delete it generates the following error:

i get this error Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status
value.(err No -2147217887)

Any sugestions?
Thanx in advance

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:04:29 GMT
 Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)
Don't use the dataControl....

: )

Regards

VOrtex

Quote:
> I am using an ADO data control and when i execute the command
> adodc1.recordset.delete it generates the following error:

> i get this error Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each
status
> value.(err No -2147217887)

> Any sugestions?
> Thanx in advance

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:54:00 GMT
 Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)
All that means is that for that line of code to execute, multiple operations
had to occur and VB was unable to keep track of the error for you.  Usually
this is caused by a type conversion problem but because you are deleting a
record, this is not the case. One possibility is that you are trying to
delete a parent record with child records still existing or are attempting
to violate some other constraint. In any case you have a couple of options.
1. Break down the statement into several statements, each of which only
accomplishes one task. Remember a statement like,
     sMyVariable = rs.Fields!FieldName, does not do just one thing, but this
is the max that should be accomplished on one line
     while troubleshooting.
2. You can enumerate the Errors collection to try to find out what
problem(s) occurred. Do something like this:
     Dim adoErr As ADODB.Error          'No "s" on the end, you want the
Error object not the Errors collection
     For Each adoErr in cn.Errors
        MsgBox adoErr.Number & " " & adoErr.Description
     Next

regards,
ed

Quote:
> I am using an ADO data control and when i execute the command
> adodc1.recordset.delete it generates the following error:

> i get this error Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each
status
> value.(err No -2147217887)

> Any sugestions?
> Thanx in advance

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:55:07 GMT
 Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)
First - I avoid the data control.

Does your recordset source include a JOIN?  If so, perhaps this
will work? After opening your recordset:

    adodc1.recordset.Properties("Unique Table").Value = "tablename"

Substitute the table you wish to delete from for tablename.  This
makes it clear from which table to delete.

Lee Gillie, CCP                                Remove NOSPAM to E-Mail
Online Data Processing, Inc. - 3501 N. Haven -  Spokane, WA 99207-8500

Quote:
> I am using an ADO data control and when i execute the command
> adodc1.recordset.delete it generates the following error:

> i get this error Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each
status
> value.(err No -2147217887)

> Any sugestions?
> Thanx in advance

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:30:37 GMT

1. Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

2. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

3. FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

4. Multiple-step operation generated errors

5. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

6. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errors

7. DataGrid Warning - Multiple-step operation generated errors......

8. Multiple-step operation generated errors

9. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors....

10. multiple-step operation generated errors

11. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

12. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.