beginner question bout ado object and scope
Author Message
 beginner question bout ado object and scope

Hi

I was doing a small vb/ado form driven db project a work and thought
that using a splash screen for to init my ADODB object would be a good
idea

ie

'splash form

sub form_load ()

dim SisConn as New ADODB.Connection
dim SpedConn as New ADODB.Connection
.
.
.
.
end sub

and then on other forms set up my ADO recordset
based on user queries

so how do I make the SisConn and Spedconn object global???

thanks in advance

post or email me any info , code ,

thanks rob merritt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 beginner question bout ado object and scope
In standard module declare
Public SpedConn as ADODB.Connection
Public SisConn as ADODB.Connection

in form's Load event call

Set SpedConn = New ADODB.Connection
Set SisConn = New ADODB.Connection

rastko

Quote:
>Hi

>I was doing a small vb/ado form driven db project a work and thought
>that using a splash screen for to init my ADODB object would be a good
>idea

>ie

>'splash form

>sub form_load ()

>dim SisConn as New ADODB.Connection
>dim SpedConn as New ADODB.Connection
>.
>.
>.
>.
>end sub

>and then on other forms set up my ADO recordset
>based on user queries

>so how do I make the SisConn and Spedconn object global???

>thanks in advance

>post or email me any info , code ,

>thanks rob merritt

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Objects going out of scope

2. Object scope question

3. VB Variable and Object Scope Questions

4. Question bout Screen.MousePointer

5. A good question 'bout Standard Output

6. Beginners ADO.NET Question

7. Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0

8. Beginner question: ADO recordsets

9. Beginner's Question DAO/ADO

10. Simple Beginners ADO Question: Slow Updates?

11. Beginner ADO Question

12. Hopefully a simple beginner ado question???