Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...
Author Message
 Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...

Hi,
Does anyone know how to solve - "Current Recordset does not support
bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected
cursortype." problem? Below is my code:

---------
Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs   As ADODB.Recordset

Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

conn.Open v_strDBConn
rs.CursorType = adOpenStatic
rs.LockType = adLockReadOnly
rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
Set rs = conn.Execute(v_strSQL)

If Not rs.EOF Then
   arrRecordSet = rs.GetRows(r_varPageNo, v_intPageSz)
-----------
Thank You
brdgs.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:54:58 GMT
 Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...
Hi,

First try to check if your provider supports bookmarks.
You can do it using next line of code

if MyRecordset.Supports(adBookmark) then
  'recordset supports bookmark
end if

if it supports, then you should not expirience any
problems. But I think this is because your recordset was
opened on server side, even if you specified to open it on
client side. When you use Execute method of Command object
to open recordset, then by default it opens recordset on
server side, even if you specified to open it on client
side. To open it on client side, using Execute method, you
need to specify adUseClient for you connection

MyConnection.CursorLocation=adUseClient

try it and try to play with settings for Cursortype and
lockType

Val

Quote:

***
>.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:30:47 GMT
 Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...
Bookmarks are one of the 13 "Supports" operations.

Your settings seem OK for an Access database. Try changing the cursor
location to Server.

AdoAnywhere browser ( www.adoanywhere.com/cnet ) will allow you to open your
recordset with various settings and will show you what operations are
supported. I suggest you try that until you find settings that suit you.

It is worth mentioning that enabling 1 operation like Bookmarks will no
doubt disable others..

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons)

Interactive ADO Browser Trial  www.adoanywhere.com/cnet
Free ADO Browser (FAB)  www.adoanywhere.com/fab
Home Page www.adoanywhere.com

> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to solve - "Current Recordset does not support
> bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected
> cursortype." problem? Below is my code:

> ---------
> Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
> Dim rs   As ADODB.Recordset

> Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
> Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

> conn.Open v_strDBConn
> rs.CursorType = adOpenStatic
> rs.LockType = adLockReadOnly
> rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> Set rs = conn.Execute(v_strSQL)

> If Not rs.EOF Then
>    arrRecordSet = rs.GetRows(r_varPageNo, v_intPageSz)
> -----------
> Thank You
> brdgs.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:35:45 GMT

1. Current Recordset does not support bookmarks

2. Current Recordset does not support updating

3. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

4. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

5. Current Recordset does not support updating

6. Current provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

7. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

8. Error 430 : Class does not support Automation or Does not support expected Interface

9. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

10. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface

11. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

12. bookmark not returning to correct recordset