MDAC 2.7???
Author Message
 MDAC 2.7???

A few questions...

I am developing on Win95 using VB6.  I have installed MDAC 2.6 SP1 (a little
while ago) on my PC (win95).  Now I have developed a program that will
access some Oracle8 databases.  The problem I am having is that when I use
the PDW and then roll out to everyone, the MDAC 2.5 is installed on their
PCs!!

1.  How do I get PDW to use the right MDAC type?!?  Do I just copy the
latest MDAC to the redist directory?  If so, there are other files in the
redist directory as well do I need to replace those (if yes then how)?
Should I extract the entire MDAC to the redist directory?

3.  I want this program to work on XP machines.  Should I upgrade to MDAC
2.7 (2.7 RTM Refresh Release)?  If so, how do I get PDW to use MDAC 2.7?!?

Please assist.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:50:11 GMT
 MDAC 2.7???
When you install Microsoft programs on a machine, the setup program refers
the installer to a folder on the distribution CD which contains the
MDAC_Typ.exe file and directs the user to first install the MDAC upgrade.
That's what I do, too, and it seems satifactory...

Luck
Cecil

Quote:
> A few questions...

> I am developing on Win95 using VB6.  I have installed MDAC 2.6 SP1 (a
little
> while ago) on my PC (win95).  Now I have developed a program that will
> access some Oracle8 databases.  The problem I am having is that when I use
> the PDW and then roll out to everyone, the MDAC 2.5 is installed on their
> PCs!!

> 1.  How do I get PDW to use the right MDAC type?!?  Do I just copy the
> latest MDAC to the redist directory?  If so, there are other files in the
> redist directory as well do I need to replace those (if yes then how)?
> Should I extract the entire MDAC to the redist directory?

> 3.  I want this program to work on XP machines.  Should I upgrade to MDAC
> 2.7 (2.7 RTM Refresh Release)?  If so, how do I get PDW to use MDAC 2.7?!?

> Please assist.

> --

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:18:00 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

4. WISE MDAC 2.7

5. MDAC 2.7 silent install

6. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

7. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7

10. Urgent! - Uninstall MDAC 2.7