Specified SQL Server not found error
Author Message
 Specified SQL Server not found error

is testServer the NetBIOS name of the server machine? have you tried
using the IP address instead?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 09 May 2005 11:14:24 GMT
 Specified SQL Server not found error
Omar,

Do you have SQL Server Client Tools installed on your PC? To be able to
connect to it you need to install them and it is a part of SQL Server
installation

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi, I have a VB6 application that connects to a SQL Server
> 2000 Database. I have in the client computer Win 98 and it
> has installed DCOM 98 and MDAC TYP 2.6. When I connect to
> the database using cn.Open method  I receive the error
> message 'Specified SQL Server not found'. This is the
> connection string I'm using:
> "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=TestServer;Initial
> Catalog=tblTestTable;User id=TestUser;pwd=testpwd"
> The SQL Server has Win2000 server and is using TCP IP. The
> win 98 client is using TCP IP also.
> Somebody knows what could be wrong?
> Thanks in advance

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:06:54 GMT

1. Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

2. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

3. Specified SQL server not found.

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. Specified SQL server not found.

6. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

7. Specified Server Not Found Error

8. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

9. Error:SQL server not Found?

10. Error: ADO could not find specified provider

11. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

12. ADO could not find the specified provider Error!