ado recordset.getstring problem
Author Message
 ado recordset.getstring problem

I have a problem using the getstring method on an SQL Server 7.0
database table with ntext datatype fields.

When I try to return multiple ntext fields using getstring,
getstring returns empty fields except for the last field.

Has anyone had this problem?

I can return a single ntext field, but if I try to return
2 ntext fields(even the same one: eg; field1,field1), getstring returns
the first field1 as empty but the second field1 is returned.

If I change the ntext datatype to nvarchar, with the same field
contents, then getstring returns the correct string.
But, I've got to have ntext fields for variable length strings, with
unknown size.

The size of the field contents does not matter, for this problem.

Any clues?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:45:55 GMT

1. Using ADO GetString with MSHFlexgrid - problem with memo field

2. ADO.NET GetRows or Getstring ?

3. ADO abd Getstring Method

4. Problem with ASCIIEncoding.GetString

5. GetString Problem

6. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

7. GetRows() and GetString() with ADO Recordset 'pages'

8. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

9. ADO recordset sorting problem

10. ADO recordset problem

11. ADO recordset refresh problems

12. ADO Recordset Sort Problem