Conflict of dao with ado
Author Message
 Conflict of dao with ado

hi everybody,

I have a project in which I have used dao data control. Majority of other
design I wanted to do through Ado. I was wondering if there would be any
conflict if I use both ado and dao in a single project ?  if so how do I
resolve to it.

thanks

Hardik Naik

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:19:30 GMT
 Conflict of dao with ado
Hi Hardik,

You can use ADO and DAO in same project with no
limitations.

Val

Quote:

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:58:41 GMT
 Conflict of dao with ado
But you may need to prefix your objects with appropriate qualifier to avoid
confusion:

dim x as DAO.Recordset
dim y as ADO.Recordset

Quote:
> Hi Hardik,

> You can use ADO and DAO in same project with no
> limitations.

> Val

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:34:09 GMT
 Conflict of dao with ado
Also, remember to set the two references and ship both OCX's DLL's or
whatever when making your installation proggie.

K'

Ps. You should better try to merge to ADO completely

Quote:
> But you may need to prefix your objects with appropriate qualifier to
avoid
> confusion:

> dim x as DAO.Recordset
> dim y as ADO.Recordset

> > Hi Hardik,

> > You can use ADO and DAO in same project with no
> > limitations.

> > Val

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:33:05 GMT
 Conflict of dao with ado
There should be no conflicts, as long as you fully qualify your data object
types. For example, use the following code:

Dim oDaoRS as dao.recordset
Dim oAdoRS as adodb.recordset

If you use the following, you'll have problems:

Dim oDaoRS as recordset
Dim oAdoRS as recordset

This is because the recordset object created will be from the first library
in the references list that supports an object of type recordset. If you
then use ADO methods on a DAO recordset, you'll get errors.

Keep this in mind, and you shouldn't have problems.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

reserved.

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:05:37 GMT
 Conflict of dao with ado
Hello,

Just as Alex mentioned, when you use ADO and DAO in the same project, one
thing that you need to be careful is that you need to qualify your DAO and
ADO object variable with the proper prefix when you define them. In Alex's
statement, there is a small typo and the declaration will be similar to the
following:
   Dim adoRS As ADODB.Recordset
   Dim daoRS As DAO.Recordset

Here is an article that address this point in detail and you may check it
for more information:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q181/5/42.ASP

Best Regards,
Elan Zhou
Microsoft Support
reserved.

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:17:29 GMT

1. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

2. ADO Data Control conflicts with ADO 2.5 Library

3. Apparent conflict between DAO and the query behind a form

4. VB DAO <-> Data Control Conflict

5. DAO conflicts

6. DAO conflicts between Vb5 and Vb6

7. ADO 2.1 Library conflicts with ADODC control

8. ADO 2.1 + 2.5 conflict?

9. version conflict of ADO and JRO

10. ADO 3.1 and PPC SDK conflict -- please help!

11. DAO vs ADO

12. DAO v. ADO