Current Recordset does not support updating
Author Message
 Current Recordset does not support updating

I am developing a website that uses the following connection string:

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 objConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=Members.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

It has the following recordset stuff:

Set rsUsers = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
 rsUsers.ActiveConnection = objConn
 rsUsers.CursorType = adOpenKeySet
 rsUsers.LockType = adLockOptimistic
 rsUsers.Source = "tblMembers"
 rsUsers.Open

The above does fine when doing rsUsers.AddNew and then doing
rsUsers.fields("whateverfield") = something

BUT, when retrieving information into a recordset and displaying that
info in a form and then modifying that info by using the same command
rsUsers.fields("whatever") = newsomething
it crashes with the following error:

Error Type:
ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)
Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation
of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

Can anyone give any advice?

Don Smith

(remove the anitspams to email)

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:59:15 GMT
 Current Recordset does not support updating
Go to
url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdprolocktype.asp

for information on LockType and CursorType

Quote:

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:52:34 GMT
 Current Recordset does not support updating
Don, the error that I sometimes get is something like "Must use an
Updateable Query"
To fix this, I:
1. Install MDAC2.5
2. Install Borland Database Engine
3. Make sure it is trying to update unique rows or something (dealt
with primary key)
-Roger
Quote:
> Error Type:
> ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CB3)
> Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation
> of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:39:58 GMT

1. Current Recordset does not support updating

2. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

3. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

4. Current Recordset does not support bookmarks

5. Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...

6. Current provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

7. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

8. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

9. ADODB.Recordset.Update does not update?

10. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

11. Updating textbox via code not updating recordset

12. ADO Update the Database with the modify done on a disconnected recordset in background mode