Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
Author Message
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem

Hi All,
   I am facing problem with connection object.
  Here is my code sample
  dim conninfo as new adodb.connection
  conninfo.open connectionstring

  its fine now ,connection opened.
  Then i am executing a stored procedure and assign to
recordset object,like follows.

  set rsr =conninfo.execute "SP_NAME x,y"
  I did not mentioned any cursor location.
  Problem here is , When i execute the stored procedure
  in a loop with various parameter values,after
approximatly 100 times, it is not executing stored
procedure properly,some statements in stored procedure was
not executed. Why it is happening.
  but when i run in debug mode it is executing properly.

  Do you why this strange thing happening. Please Help me.
  Waiting for reply very eagerly.I am using sybase
database.

  Thanks
  suresh

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:03:38 GMT
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
Are you doing anything to clean up the recordset object between each
iteration in the loop.  Like Set rsr = Nothing.  Also, what are the
statements in the stored procedure that aren't getting executed.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:32:07 GMT
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
Thanks Johnson,

  I tried cleanup recordset also
 and the statement that was not executed properly is ,
   call to another stored peocedure from this stored
procedure like Execute sp_name2,z,n

  Thanks
  suresh

Quote:

***
>.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:00:30 GMT
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
HI Suresh,
  Why do you want to execute stored procedure mulitple times (that too
100 times)?
I think you can shift this looping to the SP only.
It will give you better control on your code also.

Hope it helps

Harinatha Reddy Gorla MCSD,MCDBA
        Software Engineer
Smart Software Technologies,
Hyderabad, India

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:32:14 GMT
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
Hi Reddy,
    Thanks , But i said 100 for example, actually this
loop will be executed non stop.No end for this loop.
  I have to call stored procedure continuously from VB.
  Any other help please.

  Thanks
  Suresh

Quote:

***
>.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:41:00 GMT
 Please help!!!ADO connection object problem
My guess is that we're going to need specifics to help out.  Would it be
possible to post the SP's in question?  Or some part thereof.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:12:16 GMT

1. Please Help! ADO connection problem

2. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

3. Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

4. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

5. Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

6. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

7. connection problem with ADO command object ......

8. problems using OpenSchema method of an ADO connection object

9. Connection Errors via ADO Connection Object

10. ADO connection CSV, Please help!

11. ADO Question - Please help - How To Keep one connection open

12. PLEASE HELP ME with multiple ado connections