Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle
Author Message
 Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

Does anyone know how to get BLOB or CLOB data type out of a Oracle table
from VB code through ADO?  I do not even know if this can be done.

I am using VB 6.0, MDAC v2.5 and the latest Oracle OLE BD driver
v2.573.4403.00.

Thanks.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

Accessing binary data is done with the GetChunk and AppendChunk methods of
the ADO recordset. I have an example which puts images into a Jet database
at http://www.concresco.com/code.htm#pictures

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to get BLOB or CLOB data type out of a Oracle table
> from VB code through ADO?  I do not even know if this can be done.

> I am using VB 6.0, MDAC v2.5 and the latest Oracle OLE BD driver
> v2.573.4403.00.

> Thanks.

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

2. Writing / Reading to CLOB fields in Oracle using ADO

3. Oracle 8.0.5/CLOB/BLOB and ADO

4. Access to Paradox BLOB fields using ADO 2.5

5. memo/blob fields from access and/or oracle, access in VBScript under ASP

6. Oracle 8i BLOBS fields via ADO

7. problem accessing BLOB fields in ORACLE

8. How to retrieve Blob data in Oracle using ado

9. help with oracle performance : using ado, oracle longraw fields

10. help with oracle performance : using ado, oracle 8 longraw field

11. help with oracle performance : using ado, vb6, oracle 8 longraw field

12. Accesing CLOB fields in Oracle 8i