Efficient Way to Archive Records
Author Message
 Efficient Way to Archive Records

What is the most efficient way to archive records from one table to
another??

I have a Master table and an Archived table both with the same structure.  I
want to copy (usually 10 records) from the Master table to the Archived
table and then delete the entries in the Master table..

Whats the best methodology for this?

--
Veign
www.veign.com

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:25:19 GMT
 Efficient Way to Archive Records
Hi,

In case of SQL Server you can prepare SP. In case of
Access database use stored query. But idea is to use
INSERT INTO SQL statement, like

INSERT INTO Archived SELECT * FROM Master WHERE ...

Val
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

tml
>---------

>.

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:06:24 GMT
 Efficient Way to Archive Records
Thanx......Using the INSERT INTO followed by a DELETE (enclosed in a
transaction) archived the records perfectly.  I will now convert to a Stored
Query (using Access) to get better performace..

--
Veign
www.veign.com
Code Samples & Sample Projects
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
---------

Quote:
> Hi,

> In case of SQL Server you can prepare SP. In case of
> Access database use stored query. But idea is to use
> INSERT INTO SQL statement, like

> INSERT INTO Archived SELECT * FROM Master WHERE ...

> Val
> Microsoft MVP

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:14:34 GMT

1. Archiving records

2. Archiving current record

3. Archiving Records Code...

4. Archive record

5. DESPERATE HELP - Archiving records to a WORM

6. Archiving Records

7. how to archive records older than 90 days

8. Read PSION archives as ARC+ and ARCHIVE

9. Read PSION archives as ARC+ and ARCHIVE

10. I'm looking for the most efficient ways ...

11. Ways to code - Performance

12. Different ways to open a Recordset