batch processing
Author Message
 batch processing

I am new to sql in a production environment.
I need your opinions on the best way to process large
amounts of data involving multiple tables.

For example: You are processing a tax billing
the involves a property table and a rate table with a step
rate that you must transverse to calculate the charge.

The way I am accustomed to (non-sql) is

select property table
do while not eof
   select rate table
   seek property.type
   nCharges = 0
   do while not rate.type = property.type and not eof()
         if property.value >= low_value
                and property.value <= high value
                ncharges = ncharges +
                   (property.value * rate)
          endif
        skip
   enddo
  select property
  skip
enddo

Can anyone enlighten me please???

Thanks

Sun, 22 May 2005 04:07:39 GMT

1. Batch Processing of Macro to run at night?

2. Batch process to add footers and changepage layout

3. Which is the better way to batch-process files

4. Batch processing?

5. Windows NT and batch processing

6. Doing batch processing in VB

7. Scheduling a batch process?

8. Creating a batch process in VB.

9. How to initiate/schedule VB batch process?

10. Batch Processing in Windows

11. Serializing Batch Processes

12. Automatic/Batch Processing Crystal Reports