ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES
Author Message
 ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES

I WANT TO USE THE SEEK METHOD ON
ADO RECORD SET.  THE TABLE IS IN SQL SERVER 7.0  DATABASE AND CONNECTION
IS THRU ODBC.

WHEN I ATTEMPT TO USE RS.INDEX I GET A MESSAGE THAT PROVIDER DOES NOT
SUPPORT THIS METHOD OR PROPERTY.  ACCORDING TO ADOX DOCUMENTATION IT
SHOULD. IS THERE A SETTING ON THE SERVER SIDE THAT HAS TO BE MADE OR
DOES ODBC CONNNECTION NOT SUPPORT THIS.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES

I'm looking at the NT 4.0 Option pack documentation under microsoft data
access components and I can't find any thing about indexes for ADO
recordsets, What doc are you finding that in? I'd like to use a seek
too!

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES
THE DOC IS Q198534 ADOX README FILE INCLUDED WITH ADO 2.1 COMPONENTS.  ADOX IS A COMPANION LIBRARY TO ADO TO ADO.
ALSO IN A DOCUMENT TITLED DAO TO ADO QUICK REFERENCE AND IN THE ADOREADME FILE WITH VB.
IE:icrosoft(R) ActiveX(R) Data Objects version 2.1 Readme File

(c) 1998 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This document provides late-breaking or other information that supplements the Microsoft ADO documentation.

--------
CONTENTS
--------

1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

2. NEW FEATURES
2.1 Seek and Index

* Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for web developers.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO USING SEEK AND INDEXES

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Faq.htm#Q23

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:
> I WANT TO USE THE SEEK METHOD ON
> ADO RECORD SET.  THE TABLE IS IN SQL SERVER 7.0  DATABASE AND CONNECTION
> IS THRU ODBC.

> WHEN I ATTEMPT TO USE RS.INDEX I GET A MESSAGE THAT PROVIDER DOES NOT
> SUPPORT THIS METHOD OR PROPERTY.  ACCORDING TO ADOX DOCUMENTATION IT
> SHOULD. IS THERE A SETTING ON THE SERVER SIDE THAT HAS TO BE MADE OR
> DOES ODBC CONNNECTION NOT SUPPORT THIS.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Index property and Seek method

2. Index Property/SEEK method Problem with ADO

3. Seek, Index on ADO Recordset

4. Seek - Index. ADO 2.1

5. Seek - Index. ADO 2.1

6. Index and Seek in ADO

7. SEEK and INDEX whith ADO ???

8. ADO Seek, Index

9. using .index and .seek function

10. Using SEEK wih multiple-field indexes

11. Using seek and index with text database

12. Help : Seeking record using Index