Absoluteposition displaying negative number
Author Message
 Absoluteposition displaying negative number

Hi,
        Please help,

    When I set DE to "rsfindHosp" recordset it changes on another form the
"rsfindhosp" AbsolutePosition to: Example: -2 of 1 records(displayed on a
label)      1 = recordcount
            instead of 1 of 1.

It's this line below that is causing the problem. This is how I print what
my recordset =. I have to make my recordset = DE in order to display the
data on my reports to print

Set DataEnvironment2.rsCommand1.DataSource = rsfindHosp

Any suggestions to resolve this problem?.

Thanks
GV

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 03:17:50 GMT
 Absoluteposition displaying negative number
GV:

Not all recordsets support the AbsolutePosition property.  If you are using
a server side cursor, for example, the property is not supported.  I thought
that the value returned in this case was -1, but it may have been -2.  If
you are not already, try using a client side cursor ( i.e.
rsfindHosp.CursorLocation = adUseClient).  Hope this helps.

Bob

Quote:
> Hi,
>         Please help,

>     When I set DE to "rsfindHosp" recordset it changes on another form the
> "rsfindhosp" AbsolutePosition to: Example: -2 of 1 records(displayed on a
> label)      1 = recordcount
>             instead of 1 of 1.

> It's this line below that is causing the problem. This is how I print what
> my recordset =. I have to make my recordset = DE in order to display the
> data on my reports to print

> Set DataEnvironment2.rsCommand1.DataSource = rsfindHosp

> Any suggestions to resolve this problem?.

> Thanks
> GV

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:47:09 GMT

1. Absoluteposition displaying negative number

2. Ques - using AbsolutePosition to return current record number

3. How To Make Negative Numbers Have Parenthesis?

4. How to Rid Table of Negative Numbers

5. Change a positive number to negative

6. negative error-numbers

7. Shape.Top negative number significance

8. Hex number is negative, help?

9. Convert Positive to Negative Number?

10. formatting negative numbers as brackets?

11. Big negative error numbers - OLE Automation

12. Making negative number positive