ADO Versions
Author Message
 ADO Versions

Can I instance 2 different versions of ADO in the same app.?
And if I want to develop an app. that uses the newest version of
a component that can be found on a machine, I heard about
a 'VERSION INDIPENDENT PROGID'... is that a solution?
In wich cases can be used?
Tanks - Agos

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:24:07 GMT
 ADO Versions

Quote:
>Can I instance 2 different versions of ADO in the same app.?

No, Vb only lets you use one version,a s far as I know.
Quote:
>And if I want to develop an app. that uses the newest version of
>a component that can be found on a machine, I heard about
>a 'VERSION INDIPENDENT PROGID'... is that a solution?
>In wich cases can be used?
>Tanks - Agos

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:46:10 GMT
 ADO Versions

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ADO Versions
And can I choose wich version to use, if I have (can I?) two versions
installed on my pc?
thanks agos

Quote:

> >Can I instance 2 different versions of ADO in the same app.?

> No, Vb only lets you use one version,a s far as I know.

> >And if I want to develop an app. that uses the newest version of
> >a component that can be found on a machine, I heard about
> >a 'VERSION INDIPENDENT PROGID'... is that a solution?
> >In wich cases can be used?
> >Tanks - Agos

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:57:13 GMT
 ADO Versions

Quote:
>And can I choose wich version to use, if I have (can I?) two versions
>installed on my pc?
>thanks agos

Yes.

You will see all the different versions of ActiveX Data Objects in
References. Pick the one you want.

Quote:

>> >Can I instance 2 different versions of ADO in the same app.?

>> No, Vb only lets you use one version,a s far as I know.

>> >And if I want to develop an app. that uses the newest version of
>> >a component that can be found on a machine, I heard about
>> >a 'VERSION INDIPENDENT PROGID'... is that a solution?
>> >In wich cases can be used?
>> >Tanks - Agos

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:20:12 GMT

1. mdac version, ado version

2. ADO versions - What do I use?

3. ADO Version

4. ADO version of Executable

5. ADO Version of VIS Data

6. ADO Version On Client

7. Checking ADO version on the client

8. latest ADO version varies in different programming languages

9. ADO version - which do I have?

10. ADO Versions drive me mad

11. ADO VERSION

12. ado Version 2.6 ??