SQL alter table
Author Message
 SQL alter table

Hi

does anybody knows why this SQL statement doesn't work:

ALTER TABLE [Benutzer_SpaltenAnsicht] ADD [User Name] boolean;

I found out that "boolean" isn't correct for an access2000 db. So what is
the correct syntax for boolean fields ?

Thanks

JM

Sat, 07 May 2005 03:41:53 GMT
 SQL alter table
Hi,

It could be that now that datatype is BIT. Try to use it

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi

> does anybody knows why this SQL statement doesn't work:

> ALTER TABLE [Benutzer_SpaltenAnsicht] ADD [User Name] boolean;

> I found out that "boolean" isn't correct for an access2000 db. So what is
> the correct syntax for boolean fields ?

> Thanks

> JM

Sat, 07 May 2005 04:45:27 GMT
 SQL alter table
Hi,

it actually works ! Thanks so much, it's was an awful thing to find.
It's not the standard sql syntax, isn't it ?

JM

Quote:
> Hi,

> It could be that now that datatype is BIT. Try to use it

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > Hi

> > does anybody knows why this SQL statement doesn't work:

> > ALTER TABLE [Benutzer_SpaltenAnsicht] ADD [User Name] boolean;

> > I found out that "boolean" isn't correct for an access2000 db. So what
is
> > the correct syntax for boolean fields ?

> > Thanks

> > JM

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:54:48 GMT
 SQL alter table
Jonas,

In SQL Server it is.

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

> Hi,

> it actually works ! Thanks so much, it's was an awful thing to find.
> It's not the standard sql syntax, isn't it ?

> JM

> > Hi,

> > It could be that now that datatype is BIT. Try to use it

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > Hi

> > > does anybody knows why this SQL statement doesn't work:

> > > ALTER TABLE [Benutzer_SpaltenAnsicht] ADD [User Name] boolean;

> > > I found out that "boolean" isn't correct for an access2000 db. So what
> is
> > > the correct syntax for boolean fields ?

> > > Thanks

> > > JM

Sat, 07 May 2005 09:25:05 GMT

1. Help using a variable in the ALTER TABLE SQL statement

2. Alter Table in SQL Server 6.5 (One Step Remaining)

3. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

4. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

5. altering table field size via VB

6. Alter Table with NULL/NOT NULL options

7. Alter design of linked table

8. alter table def column order

9. Altering relations of two tables

10. ALTER TABLE Statement.

11. Altering table to add an autonumber field

12. ALTER TABLE problem