VB/ADO parametrized queries
Author Message
 VB/ADO parametrized queries

Hi all,

I have a stored procedure that accepts a "nvarchar" field as a parameter,
however when I try to create the parameter in VB I get a type mismatch
error. Can anyone tell me where to find the mapping of vb data types to SQL
Server???

The field is a basic VB "string".

Any help would be appreciated, I am quite new to ADO and SQL Server, so
please respond in such a manner.

Thanks in advance
Lee

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:45:29 GMT
 VB/ADO parametrized queries
I've never found one, but there is an add-in that creates the
CreateParameter statements for you. And better yet, the source code is
included so you can personalize it. One place it is available is here:

http://www.betav.com/Files/Content/code/SampleCode.htm

It's the Stored Procedure add-in link. Check it out - it's saved me lots of
time.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a stored procedure that accepts a "nvarchar" field as a parameter,
> however when I try to create the parameter in VB I get a type mismatch
> error. Can anyone tell me where to find the mapping of vb data types to
SQL
> Server???

> The field is a basic VB "string".

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:17:05 GMT
 VB/ADO parametrized queries
It turns out my problem was something completely different, but thanks for
the link, i'm sure I can find lots of uses for the add-in!!

Cheers
Lee

Quote:
> I've never found one, but there is an add-in that creates the
> CreateParameter statements for you. And better yet, the source code is
> included so you can personalize it. One place it is available is here:

> http://www.betav.com/Files/Content/code/SampleCode.htm

> It's the Stored Procedure add-in link. Check it out - it's saved me lots
of
> time.

> HTH,
> Bob Barrows

> > Hi all,

> > I have a stored procedure that accepts a "nvarchar" field as a
parameter,
> > however when I try to create the parameter in VB I get a type mismatch
> > error. Can anyone tell me where to find the mapping of vb data types to
> SQL
> > Server???

> > The field is a basic VB "string".

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:24:38 GMT

1. VB crashe when calling parametrized query within dataEnvironment

2. Executing parametrized queries in ADODC component

3. SQLBase, ODBC and Parametrized Queries

4. Parametrized create table query

5. Parametrized SQL-queries with ODBC interface

6. Crystal and parametrized queries

7. Parametrized Query with Optional TOP Predicate

8. calling Parametrized Access 2000 query

9. Parametrized Query

10. HELP: Parametrized union queries don't work with Jet 4.0

11. parametrized query

12. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted