vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5
Author Message
 vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5

By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
connection string I have been using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

Thanks
AW

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:06:24 GMT
 vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5
Hi,

In case of trusted connection, provider takes userid and
password from Windoes. You do not need to specify thoses
parameters in connection string. Remove User ID and
Password

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist
Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName;server=ServerName;"

Val

Quote:

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:00:44 GMT
 vb6 ado trusted connection to sql 6.5

By using SQLOLEDB as the provider in my connection string, I am able to use
Standard Security.  However, despite the fact that my development box has a
trusted connection with the SQL Server, I cannot login trusted.  I
consistently get the error message, "Not associated with a trusted
connection"  I have tested my trusted connection status via an ISQL window
and indeed I can connect as trusted, but my VB app cannot.    Here is the
connection string I have been using:

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=true;database=DatabaseName; User ID=; password=; server=ServerName;"

Don't you need the following in your connection string?

Trusted_Connection=Yes

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:34:47 GMT

1. ado vb6 sql 6.5 trusted connect failure

2. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy Solution with SQL Server 6.5 - Driver Conflict

3. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy - Sql Server 6.5 -- VB 5.0

4. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy - Sql Server 6.5 -- VB 5.0

5. ADO 2.0 connection to SQL Server 6.5

6. ADO's Connection.beginTran will lock SQL Server 6.5

7. Urgent : VB6 ADO Connecting to SQL 6.5

8. SQL Server 6.5 & VB6 ADO

9. Problem usind ADO VB6 x SQL 6.5

10. ADO 2, OLE-DB for ODBC, SQL 6.5, VB6: Performance Issues

11. VB6 and SQL/7 trusted connection

12. ADO NT Trusted Connection String to SQL Server.