account for a Null Value?
Author Message
 account for a Null Value?

Hi People,
     I'm writing a program that allows a user to login into it based on
their username and pwd in an Access 2000 db. Along the way of  validation
there may be some places in the db where there exists no userID or pwd (
Null value) so how do I account for a null value?
What is happening right now is in an IF Statement it jumps out when it comes
accross a null value in the db. There are more records to search after the
null?

Thanks, Help is appreciated

John

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:06:59 GMT
 account for a Null Value?
I figured it out

John

Quote:
> Hi People,
>      I'm writing a program that allows a user to login into it based on
> their username and pwd in an Access 2000 db. Along the way of  validation
> there may be some places in the db where there exists no userID or pwd (
> Null value) so how do I account for a null value?
> What is happening right now is in an IF Statement it jumps out when it
comes
> accross a null value in the db. There are more records to search after the
> null?

> Thanks, Help is appreciated

> John

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:32:12 GMT

1. How can I pass NULL value to WinAPI which is expecting a NULL pointer

2. Sending null strings and NULL values

3. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

4. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

5. doesn't recognize Null value from a field value

6. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

7. Null Null Null!!!!!!!!!

8. Null, Null, Null!

9. double null question [2 * Null = Null] !!!

10. IsNull value for middleinitial doesn't allow to create AD account - basic questi

11. Multi-select list box, null value

12. Null values in variables