Paradox via ADO
Author Message
 Paradox via ADO

Hi,

I want to access a paradox file (vers. 7) by  ADO but I don't want to
use odbc. Can anyone tell me how to create the connection-string ? Is it
necessary to install a special version of  ADO by mdac ? I'm using ADO
2.5.
Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend !

Henning

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:06:16 GMT
 Paradox via ADO
Henning,

You do not need to have *special* version of ADO. All you need is proper
provider, which allows to connect to Paradox. Not sure if there is any OLEDB
provider for Paradox, but you could create connection string using ODBC, but
without crating DSN. See next link with example. Also read it carefully,
since if you are using MDAC 2.1 or higher, then you would need to install
Borland Database Engine

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/ODBC_DSNLess.htm#O...
erForParadox

Another way is try to use Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider. See next KB about that

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q230126

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to access a paradox file (vers. 7) by  ADO but I don't want to
> use odbc. Can anyone tell me how to create the connection-string ? Is it
> necessary to install a special version of  ADO by mdac ? I'm using ADO
> 2.5.
> Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend !

> Henning

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:53:34 GMT
 Paradox via ADO

Hi,

I want to access a paradox file (vers. 7) by  ADO but I don't want to
use odbc. Can anyone tell me how to create the connection-string ? Is it
necessary to install a special version of  ADO by mdac ? I'm using ADO
2.5.

Unfortunately there is no support for Paradox 7.0 via the Jet ISAM drivers.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:24:56 GMT
 Paradox via ADO
Hi,

thanks.

Henning

Paul Clement schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to access a paradox file (vers. 7) by  ADO but I don't want to
> use odbc. Can anyone tell me how to create the connection-string ? Is it
> necessary to install a special version of  ADO by mdac ? I'm using ADO
> 2.5.

> Unfortunately there is no support for Paradox 7.0 via the Jet ISAM drivers.

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:33:02 GMT

1. Export ADO recordset via ODBC Paradox ???

2. Solution to Incorrect Collating Sequence problem importing Paradox into Access etc via ODBC

3. re paradox via vb

4. Accessing Paradox files via VB4

5. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

6. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

7. Using Visual Basic 6 + ADO on Paradox Tables

8. Using Visual Basic 6 + ADO on Paradox Tables

9. Access to Paradox BLOB fields using ADO 2.5

10. Paradox and VB.Net / ADO Access

11. strange beheviour with select statement using ado/paradox

12. Conexion Ado con Paradox