Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports
Author Message
 Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

I am having trouble using the shape command to group data for a data
report. I have tried using the data environment and in code without
success.

My data consists of a parameterised query which has four fields.
    Category    Sub_Category    Item_Name    Amount
There are multiple sub categories within categories and multiple items
within sub categories.

I simply want to produce a report that has two groupings (category & sub
category) and sums for each sub_category and Category.

If I use the data environment designer and simply adding two grouping
fields it wants to write each category name out with each sub category.
When I try and do it with a child command I have trouble because I am
using the same query as the parent command and also relating the
parameters between the parent and child commands.

This report structure is very simple to produce using Access.

I hope it is as easy in VB6 and I have just missed point.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel,

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:46:47 GMT
 Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports
Treat the child command as a alias, give it a name.  You can have many
different child command with the same content.

Stephen

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:38:00 GMT

1. Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

2. Data Report: Break columns, grouping commands, command hierarchies?

3. ADO Shape Command / Data Report

4. ADO SHAPE Command for use with the Microsoft Data Report

5. Using MS Data Shaping with OLE DB - data from more than one table in mpp file

6. Data environment + Grouping a view + Data Report = crash !

7. How to create Data Report groups without using hierarchical recordsets

8. Data Report And Multiple Data Source

9. Retrieving data from multiple servers using a common data access component

10. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

11. Problem with data shaping APPEND command against SQL Server 2000

12. The Data Shape command text contains syntax error....