ADO connection using Foxpro table (DBF) - SQL
Author Message
 ADO connection using Foxpro table (DBF) - SQL

Hi..,

The below code does not give me any error, but it does not create a new
table named "cat" as the SQL successful run.

------------------
EG: 1

    Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection

    'cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
Info=False;Extended Properties=Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Driver};UID=;SourceDB=c:\mrc\TABLE;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFet
ch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=No;Deleted=Yes;"

    cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
Info=False;Extended Properties=Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Driver};UID=;SourceDB=c:\mrc\TABLE;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFet
ch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=No;Deleted=Yes;"

    cnn.Open
    cnn.Execute "select * from CLAIMS into table cat"

    cnn.Close
------------------

EG: 2

If I used the above code with ConnectionString connected to Access 97...it
produce a new table named "cat".

    cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\WINDOWS\Personal\testing.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

------------------

I not sure what happen in EG: 1. If possible, please provided some source
code.

Thanks in advance..,

Keit

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:32:19 GMT
 ADO connection using Foxpro table (DBF) - SQL
Try else

Quote:
> Hi..,

> The below code does not give me any error, but it does not create a new
> table named "cat" as the SQL successful run.

> ------------------
> EG: 1

>     Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection

>     'cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
> Info=False;Extended Properties=Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro

Driver};UID=;SourceDB=c:\mrc\TABLE;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFet
Quote:
> ch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=No;Deleted=Yes;"

>     cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
> Info=False;Extended Properties=Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro

Driver};UID=;SourceDB=c:\mrc\TABLE;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFet
Quote:
> ch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=No;Deleted=Yes;"

>     cnn.Open
>     cnn.Execute "select * from CLAIMS into table cat"

>     cnn.Close
> ------------------

> EG: 2

> If I used the above code with ConnectionString connected to Access 97...it
> produce a new table named "cat".

>     cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source=C:\WINDOWS\Personal\testing.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

> ------------------

> I not sure what happen in EG: 1. If possible, please provided some source
> code.

> Thanks in advance..,

> Keit

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:59:36 GMT

1. Use Ado to open Foxpro 3.0 Dbf Table!!!

2. Any native database to use in VB, like DBF foxPro table in Visual Foxpro, with no ado connection and recordet need, like visual foxpro?

3. insert a record into Foxpro DBF File it using ADO

4. Error Trapping in ADO using a Foxpro dbf as a data source

5. Accessing a FoxPro .dbf using ADO

6. using SQL on a foxpro dbf

7. Using FoxPro 3.0 tables in VB using ADO

8. How to open free dbf table using ADO

9. Link FoxPro Table in Access 2000 using ADO

10. SELECT INTO using ADO and Foxpro tables

11. Cannot create Visual FoxPro table using ADO

12. SQL FoxPro ODBC Table Query using Current Date