ADO Connection to Excel - Finding the sheets in a workbook
Author Message
 ADO Connection to Excel - Finding the sheets in a workbook

Does anyone know how to open a recordset in Excel where you can
determine/query how many sheets and names are in a spreadsheet? I have a
good connection to Excel via VB and ADO but my app should be able to open
"any" excel workbook and find all the sheets and then let the user select
from a list of the sheets - Thanks in advance Scott Cleveland

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Connection to Excel - Finding the sheets in a workbook
Have a look at ADOX.

--
Sergei
Check out HOT utilities for Access and VB developers

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to open a recordset in Excel where you can
> determine/query how many sheets and names are in a spreadsheet? I have a
> good connection to Excel via VB and ADO but my app should be able to open
> "any" excel workbook and find all the sheets and then let the user select
> from a list of the sheets - Thanks in advance Scott Cleveland

Mon, 12 May 2003 06:33:48 GMT

1. Using Excel workbooks and sheet from Access

2. I want to email excel sheets in a workbook

3. Word2000 Mail merge from selected sheet in Excel workbook

4. Selecting multiple sheets in an Excel workbook

5. Err 1004: Excel Workbook/Sheet Activate

6. Copy an Excel sheet without opening the workbook.

7. Somebody please help me to create an Excel Workbook w/sheets from VB4.0

8. VB or Excel VBA, accessing list of all the sheets in a workbook

9. Excel VBA: search multiple-sheets in a workbook

10. Write to, calculate, read from Excel workbook-sheet

11. Finding open Excel workbooks from Access.

12. Excel vba code not finding workbook, adds .xls extension