SQL2000 error description problem
Author Message
 SQL2000 error description problem

I have a small problem with receiving error description from the SQL Server
2000 Enterprise. Whenever I execute the stored procedure and the raiserror
function is executed, it generates an error but it does not return an error
description. Could this be a problem with the SQL Server 2000 itself since
this piece of code worked properly on SQL Server 7?

this is the stored procedure that I am using

AS

else
 raiserror('error',16,1)
GO

this is the code that calls the procedure

    On Error GoTo DeleteArtErr

    Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command
    Dim strCnn As String

    strCnn = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=Intendant;Server=" & MainApp.Server

    cnn.ConnectionString = strCnn
    cnn.Open strCnn

    cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn
    cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
    cmd.CommandText = "Art_Delete"

    cmd.Parameters(1).Value = Ser
    cmd.Parameters(2).Value = Nomen
    cmd.Parameters(3).Value = Ident

    cmd.Execute

    cnn.Close

    Exit Function
DeleteArtErr:
    Call RaiseError(cnn.Error(0).Description, "DeleteArt")

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:36:20 GMT

1. VB to SQL2000 Connection String Error

2. VB to SQL2000 Connection Strin Error

3. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

4. Reserved error (-1601) no description for this error

5. Major problem with VB.Net - SQL2000 and DateTime format

6. VB6 - CR8.5 > SQL2000 ole connection problem

7. VB6/SQL2000 field length problem

8. VB6/SQL2000 field length problem

9. Table Description/Field Description

10. SQL Server Field Descriptions and Microsoft Access Field Descriptions

11. dotnet Session variable set too late - Error Page Description related

12. Error numbers with no descriptions or help