Help with getstring, please
Author Message
 Help with getstring, please

I can get it to work..am using the defaults...

What I do is get the data 500 rows at a time, the I append the data to a
text file....everything works ok, except....

I get a blank row between one set of data and the next...
like the following:

data
data
data
data
data

data
data
data
data
data

data
data
data
data
data

row 501 is blank, 1002 is blank, 1503 is blank, etc...

What can I do to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance...

Bud Dean

Thu, 03 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with getstring, please
Bud:
Can you show us the code you are using to append the records
to the text file? I suspect you are appending an additional CR+LF
between data blocks.

TIA,
-Toby

Quote:

>I can get it to work..am using the defaults...

>What I do is get the data 500 rows at a time, the I append the data to a
>text file....everything works ok, except....

>I get a blank row between one set of data and the next...
>like the following:

>data
>data
>data
>data
>data

>data
>data
>data
>data
>data

>data
>data
>data
>data
>data

>row 501 is blank, 1002 is blank, 1503 is blank, etc...

>What can I do to correct this?

>Thanks in advance for any help and guidance...

>Bud Dean

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:49:42 GMT

2. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

3. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

4. Problem with ASCIIEncoding.GetString

5. ADO.NET GetRows or Getstring ?

6. Using ADO GetString with MSHFlexgrid - problem with memo field

7. GetString Problem

8. GetString and Clip

9. GetString and Clip

10. What is the reverse of GetString?