accessing database on AS/400
Author Message
 accessing database on AS/400

I'm trying to connect to a database that is not DB2.

It's just a system 36 flat file...
It has about 10 fields.
It is not ODBC compliant.

I access it on the 400 by using the dbu command....

Can I access this somehow using VB?

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:28:26 GMT
 accessing database on AS/400
Sorry but I can't remember what the URL Location is to find this so you'll
need to go to the IBM website and look for the SDK for connecting to the
AS/400.

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:42:09 GMT
 accessing database on AS/400
This URL lists the ADO providers you can use for an AS 400 system, as
well as objects, properties, methods and collection.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/his/ado3_1jdu.htm

Good Luck!

Dian Chesney
Technical Consultant
& Microsoft MVP

More tips: www.mousetrax.com
Word MVP FAQs: http://www.mvps.org/word/index.html
MS newsgroups via browser: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:28:26 -0400, "Mark Kurten"

Quote:

>I'm trying to connect to a database that is not DB2.

>It's just a system 36 flat file...
>It has about 10 fields.
>It is not ODBC compliant.

>I access it on the 400 by using the dbu command....

>Can I access this somehow using VB?

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:59:24 GMT

1. accessing database on AS/400

2. Data Access Object/400 (DAO/400)

3. AS/400 - Seeking info on using VB to access DB2/400

4. Fast AS/400 native database access

5. IBM AS/400 DB2 database access

6. Fast AS/400 native database access

7. Accessing a DB2 database on AS/400

8. Updated -VB access the AS/400 using ADO and Client Access

9. AS/400 Client Access - ODBC Access Problem

10. AS/400 DB2/400

11. problem with database location with VB6 and AS/400 DB2

12. Call Pgm/Run commands on DB2/400 databases