database app does not work well on win2000???
Author Message
 database app does not work well on win2000???

Hi all,
I use wizard to package my database app, which was
developed using vb6, ado, access97 on win98 os(access
databse is on another pc), I distribute it to other win98
machines on which MDAC2.5 are pre-installed, they work
well. But when I distribute the program onto windows2000
work station and installed MDAC 2.5 or 2.7, it can just
only view and delete records but not add, update and save
records, I am quite got comfused.

Thanks ever so much for any help.

Paul

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:22:13 GMT
 database app does not work well on win2000???
Hi,

Do you get error that recordset is not editable? probaly
your code cannot open recordset for editing and opens it
as read-only, forward-only. Try to trace code to see what
settings of Cursortype and LockType of recordset AFTER
recordset is opened.

Val

Quote:

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:25:31 GMT
 database app does not work well on win2000???
each settings is ok and it is running pretty well on 98
machines, just only bad on 2000. I think maybe 2000 has
different database access method than 98, or 98 app can
not run on 2000?

Thanks a lot

Paul

Quote:

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:41:50 GMT
 database app does not work well on win2000???
Hi,

Should not be a problem. Which provider are you using to
connect to database Jet 3.51 or jet 4.0? It could be
because of provider.

Val

Quote:

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:49:31 GMT
 database app does not work well on win2000???
Hi, Val
i am using 4.0, I have fixed the problem, it is due to a
incorrect cusorlocation type.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Paul

Quote:

Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:14:51 GMT

1. database app does not work well on win2000????

2. Database app can not work well on win2000?

3. Creating ADO recordset w/o database .Append not working correctly IIS5 win2000 Prof not .Net

4. Database App Works in Development NOT Production

5. Database App Works in Development NOT Production

6. Access App runs with Win2000/2K but not Win98

7. DLL not found when macro run under win2000 but works under NT4

8. AD400 index works in win2000 but not in XP

9. SENDMESSAGE api not working on win2000 server

10. Sendmessage code works in win98, not in win2000

11. deltree not working on Win2000

12. GetFolder method for FileSystem Object not working on Win2000