Problem to connect to an Oracle database by using ADO in a COM-component running in COM+
Author Message
 Problem to connect to an Oracle database by using ADO in a COM-component running in COM+

Hi

I have som problems with COM-components and Oracle running on Windows 2000.
I have an application that i written in Visual Basic that should be able to
comunicate with both Oracle and SQL Server databases. The business
components are implemented as COM-components that are designed to run in
Windows 2000 Component Services (COM+). To interface the database i uses ADO
and OLE DB.

When I ties to connect to the database an error is raised that says: 'Cannot
connect to the transaction manager or the transaction manager is
unavailable."

Is there anyone that have any suggestion on how to solve my problem?

Thanks for any help.

Peter Andersson

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:45:18 GMT

1. Using ADO to connect to Oracle 8 database

2. Problem connecting to Oracle Database using ODBC

3. ASP page using VB-Com component that uses ADO

4. A problem when I connect many kinds of Database Using ADO

5. A problem when I connect many kinds of Database Using ADO

6. How to use ADO Data Control to connect ot Oracle 8 Database

7. Type mismatch error using ADO / ASP / VB COM Component

8. Using ADO vs OO4O to connect to Oracle

9. Can't connect to Oracle using ADO!

10. Using ActiveX components to connect to a database

11. How to connect to an Oracle database using Access

12. How to connect to an Oracle database using the native driver