Fetching Backwards Again, more info
Author Message
 Fetching Backwards Again, more info

Sorry for the redundant question, but all the posts I could find on this are
no longer available.
I'm getting an error -2147217884  Rowset does not support fetching
backwards.  (or something very close to that.)
What do I need to do to fix this?

thanks,
Jade

p.s.

rst.CursorLocation = adUseClient

rst.Open Trim$(QSL), cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

I have tried client and server

I have also tried adLockBatchOptimistic and asOpenDynamic

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:53:54 GMT
 Fetching Backwards Again, more info
Change the type of cursor you are using.

When you open a cursor (recordset) it defaults to adForwardOnly. Therefore
you need to expressly declare a preference for a dynamic cursor or a static
cursor etc

recordset.Open Source, ActiveConnection, CursorType, LockType, Options

CursorType   Optional. A CursorTypeEnum value that determines the type of
cursor that the provider should use when opening the Recordset. Can be one
of the following constants (see the CursorType property for definitions of
these settings).

Constant Description
adOpenForwardOnly (Default): Opens a forward-only-type cursor.
adOpenKeyset: Opens a keyset-type cursor.
adOpenDynamic: Opens a dynamic-type cursor.
adOpenStatic: Opens a static-type cursor.

Quote:
> Sorry for the redundant question, but all the posts I could find on this
are
> no longer available.
> I'm getting an error -2147217884  Rowset does not support fetching
> backwards.  (or something very close to that.)
> What do I need to do to fix this?

> thanks,
> Jade

> p.s.

> rst.CursorLocation = adUseClient

> rst.Open Trim$(QSL), cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

> I have tried client and server

> I have also tried adLockBatchOptimistic and asOpenDynamic

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:25:50 GMT

1. fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.

2. ADo Control cannot fetch backwards . Urgent

3. Fetching Outlook Info

4. How too fetch info from a Audio-CD

5. Reading BIOS info, again.

6. !!TRYING AGAIN FOR INFO ON CALLING BEEPER WITH VB

7. VBA on again off again

8. Printer object again and again

9. Again and Again, Bold text in a Listview

10. How to loop backwards ?

11. Input from File - backwards

12. iterating through a collection backwards