MSDE backup
Author Message
 MSDE backup

Does anybody have an example (or web link) to make the backup of  MSDE
database from VB using ADO?

thanks

Rastko Potocnik

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:10:49 GMT
 MSDE backup
Just execute the TSQL Backup command on a connection

Dim ADOCONN as ADODB.Connection
SET ADOCONN=New Adodb.Connection
ADOCONN.Open ConnectionString

ADOCONN.Execute "BACKUP DATABASE databasename TO device"

In the above sample, databasename is the name of the database, and device is
a logical device such as TAPE0 or DISK=C:\MSSQL\BACKUP\TEST.DAT for a disk
file

Quote:
> Does anybody have an example (or web link) to make the backup of  MSDE
> database from VB using ADO?

> thanks

> Rastko Potocnik

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:00:39 GMT

1. Backup/Restore of MSDE through VB

2. How to backup MSDE database ?

3. MSDE Database Backup jobs

4. Backup w/MSDE

5. MSDE, Can't edit data using MSDE

6. How to ... System Backup/Restore, Backup utilities

7. How to ... System Backup/Restore, Backup utilities

8. NT Backup / Systemstate backup error

9. MSDE - During tape backup, data files marked as 'in use' and won't back up

10. Wscript.shell => run backup script and waiting for backup to complet

11. MDAC <--> MSDE, and Adaptec ECDC4 <--> MSDE

12. MSDE: How do I distribute MSDE with my VB applications?