Current Recordset does not support bookmarks
Author Message
 Current Recordset does not support bookmarks

Scot,
  It works like a charm. Thanks a lot. I put the
"Connection.CursorLocation = aduseClient"  in the VB DLL code and
recompiled it.  And volla...

Thanks Again.
Harish

Quote:

> Instead of Recordset.CursorLocation=adUseClient do it on the connection.Cursorlocation instead.

> Scot Rose, MCSD
> Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

> Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

> This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

> --------------------

> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database.ado
> >Subject: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks
> >Date: 8 Aug 2002 13:57:40 -0700

> >Error:
> >Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a
> >limitation of the provider or of the selected cursortype

> >I was originally getting this error when I was using the Pagination
> >feature in ADO. I fixed it by using
> >recordset.CursorLocation = aduseClient

> >Now, I put all the code that does the connecting to SQLSERVER database
> >and returns the recordset into a COM DLL (Visual Basic). A Method of
> >the DLL returns me a recordset. Now Iam getting the same error again
> >even though I put the above line that I used in my ASP Page before in
> >to my DLL.

> >I ran out of ideas. Does anyone seen this error before ? I mean while
> >using a COM object.

> >Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.

> >Thanks
> >harish

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:33:03 GMT

1. Help: Current Recordset does not support bookmarks...

2. Current Recordset does not support updating

3. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

4. Current RecordSet does not support updating Oracle 8

5. Current Recordset does not support updating

6. Current provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

7. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

8. Error 430 : Class does not support Automation or Does not support expected Interface

9. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

10. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface

11. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

12. bookmark not returning to correct recordset